cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
V12
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Mobile app crash on Android

The McAfee security app keeps crashing on my android. I have reinstalled the app many times and my phone is up to date but it still opens and immediately crashes. Any solutions? Thanks!

7 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 8

Re: Mobile app crash on Android

Hi @V12 

Please do provide the make  and model of your mobile device to further look in to this. 

Thanks,

V12
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

It is a Huawei P30 Light 

Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 8

Hi @V12 

We are aware of this issue  and our backend team is working as fast as they can to get this addressed. We will keep you posted on this.

Thanks,

Stanleyya
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Some Android apps started crashing for users yesterday for no apparent reason. These affected apps are not related to each other, which has caused a lot of confusion amongst users.

firstcallonline

V12
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

The app works without being activated on my subscription. As soon as I log in with the activation code it starts crashing. 

Nick82
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

This also happens with me. I have an Oppo A72.
V12
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Hello, 

Many months after my initial report the mobile app on Android crashes as soon as it opens so I cannot use it. Could you contact me about a refund please as it seems the engineers cannot find a solution. Thanks. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community