cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cooljim
Contributor III
Message 1 of 16

Mcafee nag screens JUST WON'T DIE!!

I have tried everything I know... or seen posted. Yet, these nag screens still pop up, stealing focus and time.

Yes... I went into the settings and turned off all notifications... yet, like Dracula in an old movie, these nag screens still pop up after I think I've driven a stake through their hearts!!

It's enough to make me consider switching to another antivirus program... after being with McAfee for more than TEN YEARS!!

mcafee nag screen 02.jpgmcafee nag screen 03.jpgmcafee nag screen.jpg

15 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 16

Re: Mcafee nag screens JUST WON'T DIE!!

Hi @cooljim 

Greetings From McAfee!!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Since the auto renewal is turned off you are receiving this pop up. By turning on AR these, pop up will not appear.

Please reach McAfee consumer support for more queries.

McAfee Consumer Support  

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

cooljim
Contributor III
Message 3 of 16

I never use Auto Renewal, as I don't want to grant outside companies access to my accounts.

Please check your records. I have been a McAfee customer for several... SEVERAL years! I ALWAYS renew!

But all of these dammed pop-ups are something new! 

I subscribe to McAfee products to help me KILL focus-stealing popups!! Now... McAfee is introducing the popups that I'm trying to KILL?

If there's no way to stop/disable/kill these popups WITHOUT signing up for Auto Renewal, I'll find another company to provide my computer's security! I'd recommend the same thing for anyone else who HATES popups!!

http://www.boydbroadcasting.com

HELP ME KILL THESE POPUPS WITHOUT SIGNING UP FOR AUTO RENEWAL!!

JaneDoe37
Contributor
Message 4 of 16

I have auto-renewal turned on and it just gets rid of the auto-renewal nag. The other nags are still there.

VAbarb
Contributor II
Message 5 of 16

As of Oct 2023 this is still happening.  I am so sick of this.  I have auto renew on (although it shouldn't be a requirement).  I have windows notifications turned off for all apps.  I have notifications turned off in McAfee settings and even turned them on/apply and then off/apply again.

McAfee - STOP , JUST STOP THIS !!!!!! 

Like all your other of your customers, I pay good money for your app - year after year.... WE DO NOT WANT THESE focus breaking notifications.  I get them every day/ multiple times a day.  

Some notifications like the latest one I just got are just a snapshot in time - not even a helpful warning. Some of your other customers may be fooled by this type of BS warning and not realize memory is fluid based on what you are running - it's not the same as disk space. 

This is just turning me away from your product making me seriously look at other sw like the one in my task tray.

cooljim
Contributor III
Message 6 of 16

Still more nag screens... AND NO WAY TO TURN THEM OFF!!

my renewal comes up in February. Since there's been no response from McAfee on how to cut off these nag screens, I won't renew! I'm going to another product!!

hated McAfee Popup 20231014.jpghated McAfee Popup 20231018.jpghated McAfee Popup 20231020.jpghated McAfee Popup 20231103.jpghated McAfee Popup 20231104.jpghated McAfee Popup 20231107.jpghated McAfee Popup 20231114.jpg

cooljim
Contributor III
Message 7 of 16

"You have 1.86 GB of junk files cluttering your PC"

To be more accurate, the nagging, focus stealing popup should read:

"You have McAfee junk software cluttering your PC"

It's time to give McAffee the 'Bud Light Treatment!!'

cooljim
Contributor III
Message 8 of 16

Today's series of unstoppable nag screens!!hated McAfee Popup 20231120 02 .jpghated McAfee Popup 20231120 03 .jpghated McAfee Popup 20231120 leads to.jpghated McAfee Popup 20231120 leads to01 .jpghated McAfee Popup 20231120.jpg

cooljim
Contributor III
Message 9 of 16

Now seeking legal guidance for a class-action lawsuit naming McAfee as the defendant.

Stay tuned...

cooljim
Contributor III
Message 10 of 16

Now seeking legal guidance for a class-action lawsuit naming McAfee as the defendant.

Stay tuned...

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community