cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imilia
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Mcafee didn't install but is running as If it did

I bought McAfee antivirus last night but the installation was taking forever so I tried to cancel installation bit it froze then I restarted my laptop and it seems to be installed without the finishing steps, it's scanning my laptop as Normal and account is active and expires next year....does this mean my laptop is fully protected? Or have I **bleep**ed it up by trying to cancel ?

1 Reply
cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Mcafee didn't install but is running as If it did

have you considered to do a remove and reinstall of the product ?

was there previous another AV on the computer and was this completely removed ?

to do a remove and reinstall you can follow the steps from this article;

McAfee KB - How to remove McAfee products from a PC that runs Windows (TS101331)

on top side of the page you can see region and when you click you can choose a language of preference

also do step 2 aswell using the MCPR tool as described after doing step 1 from the article above.

at the end of the page is information how to do the new install.

also you may consider to contact live support. they can check with you if al is well or not.................

contact ; https://service.mcafee.com

hope this will solve the problem for you

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community