cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QG
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Mcafee detected ti!a00e0e4653f6. What is that?

Mcafee detected ti!a00e0e4653f6 in an exe file I compiled from source code.  What is that?

2 Replies
Edward_Franso
Message 2 of 3

Re: Mcafee detected ti!a00e0e4653f6. What is that?

Hi @QG ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you to share the screenshot of the error that you have mentioned. Kindly let us know the below details 

1. What is the compiler and the application that you are using 
  2. McAfee version that is installed on your device
  3. OS that is running on your device
  4. File that was quarantined by McAfee
  5. McAfee engine version

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Chat Support

Regards 
Edward Franso 

QG
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Mcafee detected ti!a00e0e4653f6. What is that?

Screenshot 2023-11-30 210311.jpg

The compiler is PyInstaller.  I use Mcafee total protection, version 1.12.340.  The antivirus component build 1.1.2258.0, content version 1611.0.

Windows 11 home

The file quarantined is an exe I compiled from python source code my colleagues wrote, using PyInstaller.  

I am trying to figure out whether this is a real virus or a false positive.  If it is a false positive, how do I avoid having the exe quarantined?  Thank you.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community