cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audrey824
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Mcafee blocks Tcp connection

I am using System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect to connect a remote server.

I see that the call succeeds on most of the systems, but fails on a few.

I tried to debug the issue and observe that system which have McAfee Antivirus installed have the issue. Connection succeeds, if I disable 'Access protection' feature in the Virus scan console of McAfee.

But as per the client policy, I cannot disable the 'Access protection' feature of McAfee. As per them, they are able to run other programs which does TCP socket connection with other servers.

What might be wrong specific to my application? Is there a way to specify to bypass blocking of my application?

8 Replies
siddharth_r
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 9

Re: Mcafee blocks Tcp connection

Please follow the article to add applications to the Firewall Program Permissions list

Burton59
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

sivasubramanian
Message 4 of 9

@Audrey824 

Enable Port No.3389 under McAfee Firewall >>  Ports and System Services and RDP server. Please update us if issue still persists.

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
adamgroe
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Criticism from clients through Walgreens listens overview is crucial for the organization, and they

sivasubramanian
Message 6 of 9

Re: Criticism from clients through Walgreens listens overview is crucial for the organization, and t

@adamgroe 

We have raised this to the concerned team. These requests will be addressed within an average of 3-5 business days. We will update once we get any information from them.

Regards
Siva N

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
oconnerbrain01
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Walgreenslistens

Each evaluator is outfitted with a foreordained arrangement of morals to assist with smoothing out the progression of significant and beneficial responses.https://walgreenslistens3000.com/ 

sivasubramanian
Message 8 of 9

Re: Walgreenslistens

@oconnerbrain01 

As per McAfee WebAdvisor, your website URL is safe to browse without any hassles. 

Regards
Siva N

James658
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

(vi) Forty Dollar ($40) SkipTheDishes eGift Code. Seven thousand five hundred (7,500)
Forty Dollar ($40) SkipTheDishes eGift Code Prizes available to be won in the Game.
Each verified winner of this Prize will receive a Forty Dollar ($40) SkipTheDishes eGift
Code via email for use with the SkipTheDishes app or online at the SkipTheDishes
website. The SkipTheDishes eGift Code has no expiration date and can be used for
purchases made in Canada through the SkipTheDishes website or app. A winner will need
a SkipTheDishes account (free to create) and must be the age of majority in their
province/territory of residence. Purchases cannot be returned or refunded. The
SkipTheDishes eGift Code cannot be McDonalds Monopoly Canada Rare Pieces.combined with cash orders, cannot be resold,
transferred, returned or exchanged or redeemed for cash except to the extent required by
applicable law. Not redeemable toward outstanding balances. The SkipTheDishes eGift
Code will not be replaced for loss, theft, destruction or fraudulent redemption. Voidable for
fraud or other breach of Terms of Service. Use of the SkipTheDishes eGift Code is subject
to Terms of Service available online at the SkipTheDishes website, which may be

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community