Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tom26
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

Mcafee auto update feature not working

Jump to solution

I purchased a 3-year subscription of mcafee antivirus plus along with HCL ME laptop as a part of the laptop package on 23/11/12.I installed it on my laptop on that day only.While everything has been working fine since then,only the automatic update feature of mcafee antivirus plus is not working.Whenever i go to the updates tab,it shows a future time for autoupdate but that update doesn't take place automatically,everytime i have to manually perform the update.The enable auto-update feature is checked but still i have to manually update the mcafee antivirus program because it doesn't take place automatically.I ran the Mcafee virtual technician a number of times,it showed no problems,but the issue is not fixed.Can you suggest me any way to tackle this auto update problem?Do i have to uninstall and reinstall the mcafee antivirus?

Thanks in advance.

My laptop specs:

RAM:2 GB

HDD:320 GB

CPU:INTEL PENTIUM 2.20 GHz

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 10

Re: Mcafee auto update feature not working

Jump to solution

What version is it 11.6 or 12.1?

Maybe open security centre and navigation (top right) and open general settings and alerts and in general settings untick Wait till my Pc is idle etc....Apply change. Maybe it is waiting for the cpu to not pass 10% usage in any 10 minute period that could be the cause.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 31/12/12 7:12:09 PM

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

What version is it 11.6 or 12.1?

Maybe open security centre and navigation (top right) and open general settings and alerts and in general settings untick Wait till my Pc is idle etc....Apply change. Maybe it is waiting for the cpu to not pass 10% usage in any 10 minute period that could be the cause.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 31/12/12 7:12:09 PM
tom26
Former Member
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi  Peacekeeper,

Thanks for your reply.I am using version 11.6  of mcafee security centre and 15.6 of virus scan(as given in the About tab).I have applied the changes mentioned by you, now i have to wait and watch till tomorrow whether it updates automatically because updates are available for once a day only and today morning  i have already installed the latest updates manually.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Tom your install in english? If so an uninstall and reinstall from Au or Us server will get you 12.1.

All depends on whether your mcafee software is supplied by Mcafee or one of their partners. the latter ie ISPs etc lag a bit on the versions offerred.

tom26
Former Member
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

I  installed it from the mcafee antivirus plus cd which came with my HCL laptop as a part of the laptop package.The GUI of mcafee shows Mcafee|Antivirus Plus| HCL.

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Hmm wonder what your account shows if you set your country as US or Au. I wonder how upto date is your HCL partner will ask.

What affid are you showing in security centre?

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 31/12/12 8:37:56 PM
tom26
Former Member
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Mcafee security center

AffId: 678-11

Language:en-au

Version:11.6

Build:11.6.443

Mcafee virus scan

Version:15.6

Build:15.6.238

Dat version:6941

Message was edited by: tom26 on 12/31/12 6:24:36 AM CST
tom26
Former Member
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Thanks Peacekeeper....it's working now.....today morning it installed the updates automatically after having applied the changes suggested by you.

Message was edited by: tom26 on 12/31/12 6:12:52 PM CST
Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Great have a happy new year....

tom26
Former Member
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Wishing u too a very happy new year....

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community