cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 41 of 55

Re: Mcafee Total Protection is always showing as updating  but won't update until I open it, but I have automatic updates on

That's good news.  They'll all get it eventually.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 42 of 55

Re: Mcafee Total Protection is always showing as updating but won't update until I open it, but I have automatic updates on

The 'Spinning Wheel' issue should be resolved in v 14.0.5120.

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
kerloch
Contributor
Message 43 of 55

Re: Mcafee Total Protection is always showing as updating but won't update until I open it, but I have automatic updates on

I have the product through BT in the UK and am still on McAfee SecurityCenter Build: 14.0.4121 and am having the blue circle problem.  Do you know if I will be getting the update soon or should I follow up with BT?

Thanks

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 44 of 55

You should eventually receive it, as the Builds 5084/5120 have the fix in it. Hopefully sooner than later.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
kerloch
Contributor
Message 45 of 55

Thanks for the prompt response.  Appreciated.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 46 of 55

You are quite welcome   We did discuss this in our Weekly Conference Call.

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
amby
Contributor
Message 47 of 55

I am still on build 4121 (Toshiba) and waiting - not very satisfactory at all!

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 48 of 55

I can understand your frustration. However all I can suggest other than wait for the 'Auto-Update'. Is to try a Clean Uninstall/Reinstall from your Account. On occasions if available one can receive the most current Build. In your case being provided from Toshiba, would simply be a Guess or no guarantee.

Other than that, all I can do is thank you for your Patience.

Should you indeed do such, please remove from your Control Panel/Programs and Features first/Restart.

Then follow up with the (MCPR) Tool...'McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool' Restart. Then go to your account and Re-install.

noCookies  Note: Disregard the 'no cookies' URL Issue, simply click on it and it will take you to the Guidelines/Instructions.

All the very Best,

CD 

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
amby
Contributor
Message 49 of 55

Thanks again CD, I will wait a bit longer.

Peacekeeper
Message 50 of 55

The fix is included in the latest patch that is finishing release to affid 0 customers ie Mcafee subscriptions. The former patch was stopped as some users were seeing an issue that was considered not the best and thus the partners did not see the release. You should get updated in due course this month

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community