cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amby
Contributor
Message 21 of 55

Re: Mcafee Total Protection is always showing as updating but won't update until I open it, but I have automatic updates on

Mine is still on 14.0.4121. Hope it updates soon as this has been ongoing for ages.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 22 of 55

Re: Mcafee Total Protection is always showing as updating but won't update until I open it, but I have automatic updates on

Hang in there...easier said than done of course. It should not be much longer. I of course purchased my subscription directly from McAfee. Ones with whom their subscription is provided through their Manufacturer/ISP provider tends to lag behind a bit.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 23 of 55

Re: Mcafee Total Protection is always showing as updating  but won't update until I open it, but I have automatic updates on

You certainly aren't alone amby, one of my systems seemingly refuses to go any higher than 4121....it's provided by my ISP, so delayed of course.

amby
Contributor
Message 24 of 55

Hi Ex_Brit, Yes, mine is a Toshiba/McAfee so will just have to wait. All the best.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 25 of 55

Re: Re: Mcafee Total Protection is always showing as updating but won't update until I open it, but I have automatic updates on

Hi ,

If you've updated to MSC version 14.0.5085 (or above) and you don't see this "Update blue spinning wheel" issue, kindly mark this thread answered.

muziekboot
Contributor
Message 26 of 55

I am still runnin McAfee Security Center build 14.0.4121 updated 17-10-2015. I wonder why it takes so long to fix a bug....

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 27 of 55

muziekboot wrote:

I am still runnin McAfee Security Center build 14.0.4121 updated 17-10-2015. I wonder why it takes so long to fix a bug....

The fix has been released but takes time to reach everyone, plus those who get the software via 3rd parties like Dell, their ISP or other PC maker, place of work, bank etc. etc. will wait longer as those companies usually delay patches.  But it will reach everyone soon.

xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 28 of 55

Re: Re: Mcafee Total Protection is always showing as updating but won't update until I open it, but I have automatic updates on

I have been trying to message you, but when I hit send a red box appears across the bottom of the page and the message will not send.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 29 of 55

This is a known issue, that the Community Administrator/Manager has reportedly placed a 'Bug Report' in for Jive,our Platform. It is indeed aggravating, and needed in situations as such.  Believe me , we all have experienced it.

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 30 of 55

Please be informed that I have contacted to inform her of your issue.

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community