cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajan826
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Mcafee Total Protection - Activation issues

I recently installed Mcafee Total Protection 2012 (3 users) after unistalling Mcafee Total Protection 2011 on my Windows 7 laptop & Windoes XP laptop after activating on both I found out the Windows 7 laptop is still showing to Acivate within 15 days of installation and when I press the activate button on the program nothing happens whereas my online account shows both the laptops are activated till next year. This issue is only being faced on the pc with windows 7 & I tried using mcafee virtual technican but nothing happens, 6807 stand alone tool downloaded from mcafee website which after extracting only does is restarting my pc. Reinstalled the mcafee software on windows 7 laptop, Tried after  login using customer support  chat, email everything shows a white screen after selecting the option button and pressing next this is the last time I will use Mcafee as the customer support just doesn't work & even to get an email id is difficult, tried posting the same on mcafee facebook page as well. Help me resolve the issuse as soon as possible since I am entitled to a software that works not that makes me waste my  time & money on something crap.

Attached are the screen shots of the problemmcafee issu1.jpgmcafee issu2.jpgmcafee cust service.jpg

2 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: Mcafee Total Protection - Activation issues

If uninstalling always do it via Control Panel > Programs first and make sure you are still connected with the Internet as this will automatically decrement the account.

However you may have done that and for some reason it didn't work.

Customer Service can sort this out and for your region it is not the USA one you want.

http://service.mcafee.com/CustomerService.aspx?lc=2057&sg=CS&pt=1

If that page doesn't work for some reason please use another browser such as IE9 or FF15 set to default settings.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: Mcafee Total Protection - Activation issues

Hi sajan826,

I am here to help you out, I have checked your account and I found that you installed the McAfee from CD and it was activated in one Pc (Windows XP) without any issues but it was not activated in windows 7 machine. Please follow the below steps and your issue will be resolved . Thanks,

• After logged in, click on products and subscriptions
  • Click on the Download button after checking the subscription
  • Follow the onscreen instructions
  • Complete the McAfee Installation

Here we are reinstalling the McAfee from McAfee website so no need to activate the McAfee.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community