cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmymac50
Former Member
Message 1 of 13

Mcafee Service Host Error

Hello I get an error message saying Mcafee Service Host has caused an error and needs to close.

I am using Internet Explorer 8 XP Windows.

The error seems to appear within 1 hour of browsing online and keeps happening everyday now. Any ideas how to solve this problem. I have tried Mcafee Virtual Technician and everything came back o.k

12 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 13

Re: Mcafee Service Host Error

Hello jiymac50,

Please let us know the following information ;

What brand of PC do you use ?? HP/Toshiba/Dell

How Old is the computer ?

Please open Internet explorer – Click on Tools – Click on Windows Update and install any available updates.

Also, Open McAfee security center – Click on About and let us know ;

McAfee Security center ;

Version :

Build :

Aff id :

McAfee Virus Scan :

Version :

DAT :

Thanks

goodguy2011
Former Member
Message 3 of 13

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?  I reinstalled mcafee but its still doing the same thing.

houdini22
Former Member
Message 4 of 13

Hi, i have the same problem and i am getting the same message, it's been happening for the last 2 weeks or so.

I have tried the links but they are not loading/working/page not found.

houdini22
Former Member
Message 5 of 13

I have, finally, been able to use the Virtual Technician, and it fixed a registry problem, no other problems were detected.

I'm hoping that will have done the job.

jimmymac50
Former Member
Message 6 of 13

This problem is still occurring since the 13th November.

Here are the answers to youir questions

Brand of PC is Acer

Age 1 year

All windows updated installed

Mcafee updated tonight as of 2nd December and I had the Mcafee Sevice Host error about 30 minutes later and the error does occur most days.

Mcafee Security Centre

Version 11.0

Build 11.0.623

Affild 0-1263

Mcafee Virus Scan

Version 15.0

DAT 6547

I use XP Windows service pack 3 and internet explorer 8.

I have seen similar reports of error with Macfee Service host so it cannot be an isolated problem. Please report this to the technical department for a fix patch. Thank you.

gatemi
Former Member
Message 7 of 13

I am receiving the exact same error message at least once per day, and I can assure the McAfee moderators and techs that the issue is NOT related to hardware: I have McAfee licenses for five different computers (all running Windows XP with the latest service packs)—one HP laptop with an AMD dual processor, one Macbook (yes, running Windows XP) with an Intel duo-core processor, one iMac (again, running Windows XP) with an Intel duo-core processor, one Gateway laptop with an AMD processor, and one Compaq laptop with an Intel duo-core processor—and the message pops up on ALL of them. I use Firefox 8.x on all of the computers (never IE), and other than Firefox, no two computers have the exact same software installed (but no cloud software installed, no zuma back-up, no netguard, or any of that stuff). In addition, I've seen postings about this error all over your McAfee forums and elsewhere on the internet, and it seems the error is popping up on a wide variety of makes and models of computers, and the only common denominators seem to be Windows XP and McAfee.

newjack
Former Member
Message 8 of 13

Well I agree with most of what you say.Except the only commen denominator being XP.I have also had this problem 3 times in last 2 weeks.I am on Win 7.

Here is Image of the last one.

mcsvhost.JPGSo much for that idea.

gatemi
Former Member
Message 9 of 13

Thanks for the info, newjack. So now it looks like the only common denominator is...McAfee! So the folks at McAfee need to accept this fact, get their stuff together, and get the problem fixed on THEIR end! Please!

newjack
Former Member
Message 10 of 13

I have had all sorts of problems with Mcafee.To their credit they have fixed most of them.But there always seems to be another cropping up.By the way how often are you recieving this error on your computer?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community