cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcaffeinated
Former Member
Message 31 of 132

Re: Mcafee Service Host Error Windows XP

3gig of ram reported. More actually, but you know XP, it can only do so much. No system scanning going on at the time that I was aware of although I suppose it could well have been scanning something in the background. I think I'll clean and reinstall as a test. The fact that the registry error came back makes me think something buried inside is messed up.

Just for grins, I ran MVT again. I had already once and it came up showing a registry error. After running MVT, it was shown as corrected. However, upon the second running of MVT, it showed a registry error again. I actually thought to get info this time:

MVT Information
                      MVT Version                    :6.0.0.0
System Information
                      Operating System                    :Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Build 2600)
                      Service Pack                    :Service Pack 3.0
                      Language                    :0409
                      Internet Explorer Version                    :8.0
                      Internet Explorer Language                    :en-us
                      System Drive Type                    :NTFS
                      Physical Memory Available                    :2097151
                      Physical Memory Total                    :2097151
                      Virtual Memory Available                    :2056352
                      Virtual Memory Total                    :2097024
                      System Architecture                    :x86 Family 15 Model 75 Stepping 2AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
                      Date Time                    :12/26/2011   14:20:59
                      Time Zone                    :                      GMT -07:00
Product Details
Product Name:VirusScan              - McAfee Total Protection
Product Version:15.0.294
Language:en-us
Partner:McAfee
Account ID:184787165
Health Check Details
                  Registry                1 Registry key(s) incorrect                     
                                Expected Registry Value not Present                               
                                Expected : ini log txt trc
                                Existing : ini log txt trc wiki-publisher log1 evtx mui
                              Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McAfee\SystemCore\VSCore\On Access Scanner\McShield\Configuration SmoothWritesExtensions
                  File                                      OK                   
                  Process                                      OK                   
                  Service                                      OK                   
                  COM                                      OK                   
                    DAT and Engine                                          OK                     
                  Top Issues                                      OK                   
                  SYSTEM                                      OK                   

Product Name:QuickClean and Shredder              - McAfee Total Protection
Product Version:11.0.416
Health Check Details
                  Registry                                      OK                   

Product Name:SecurityCenter
Product Version:11.0.649
Health Check Details

Product Name:SiteAdvisor
Product Version:3.4.143
Health Check Details

Product Name:Personal Firewall              - McAfee Total Protection
Product Version:12.0.345
Health Check Details

Product Name:Parental Controls              - McAfee Total Protection
Product Version:13.0.319
Health Check Details

Product Name:AntiSpam              - McAfee Total Protection
Product Version:12.0.292
Health Check Details

Product Name:McAfee Network Agent
Product Version:5.0
Health Check Details

Product Name:Network Management Console
Product Version:5.0
Health Check Details

Peacekeeper
Message 32 of 132

You could ask tech support if that key is a big deal.  did you take note of the session ID?

azcanuk99
Former Member
Message 33 of 132

I have been getting this abend for weeks.

Been to the "online chat" help, which did nothing to correct the issue. Have used the Virtual Technician, did not help.

Have now received an email from support, tells me to uninstall ALL McAfee products, download and run McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool (MCPR.exe), then reinstall McAfee and apply updates... did that.. about 5 minutes elapsed before I got the McAfee Service Host error.

When can we expect a fix to this annoying issue?   

azcanuk99
Former Member
Message 34 of 132

I experienced the same problems when running MVT, fixed a DAT file issue then a rerun showed a registry error. Fixed that, but did not help with the abend message.

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 35 of 132

HI All,

Is anyone, who is experiencing this error, having a version that looks like the below ;

McAfee Security center : 11.0

McAfee Virus Scan : 14.5

Or

McAfee Security center : 10.5

McAfee Virus Scan : 15

Please click on About in McAfee security center and get us the above information at the earliest, the Dev team who are already working on this issue need our inputs and yours as well so as we could get this spotted soon

Thanks,

studiorose
Former Member
Message 36 of 132

Mine is 11.0 and 15.0.  I still have Netguard off and haven't had further problems.  I'm thinking about turning it back on to see what happens, as I've had several updates install since then.

azcanuk99
Former Member
Message 37 of 132

mine is SecurityCenter Vers 11.0 and VirusScan Vers 15.0

hughneek
Former Member
Message 38 of 132

Mine also is Vers 11.0 with VirusScan 15.0, and I also have Netguard off and haven't had further problems. Having to do that does not give me any positive thoughts of being well protected.

Peacekeeper
Message 39 of 132

Instead of netguard off try uninstalling Site advisor and install the new beta..

https://sadownload.mcafee.com/products/SA/beta/saSetup.exe

It is said each do similair checks and SA might clash with netguard. I have the beta SA  and no such issues.

maneld
Former Member
Message 40 of 132

hi jimmymac50

I think you are right , this is not a matter of machine you use, it is not matter sowftware you have, it is McAffe problem. I'm experiencing this problem from mid November  when brosing internet, using both, IE and Chrome. After this popup appers, if you close it, and wait for a while and look at the services runnig Mcafee Service Host  is there...running again!. I do not understand why McAfee is doing NOTHING

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community