cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bassdad
Former Member
Message 41 of 132

Re: Mcafee Service Host Error Windows XP

Not sure if it is NetGuard. I turned off netguard and got the Service Host error about a minute later. But, then again, I have not seen the error message for the last 30 minutes which is the longest I have gone without it popping up. I am also getting frequent Synchronization Application has encountered a problem and has to close" errors. Is this related to the Service Host error? And I have just started getting "Run DLL as an APP" errors. These started after having to reinstall McAfee Internet Security twice - once by an online chat technician and once by me after the online chat technician's re-install did not solve the problem.

bassdad
Former Member
Message 42 of 132

Well, maybe Netguard IS the culprit. It has now been two hours without seeing the Sevice Host error popup.

sijil
Contributor
Message 43 of 132

Mcafee Service Host Error Windows XP

Ensure Windows is up to date.  McAfee is not compatible with any other third party software. McAfee Products will not run properly if there is any other (third-party) Security software installed in the Computer. Remove third party security softwares installed  in your computer. Delete temporary internet files, reboot your computer. If issue persits, please reinstall McAfee. Make sure to run McAfee removal tool before reinstalling McAfee.

doodle78
Former Member
Message 44 of 132

Sijil S schrieb: ... McAfee is not compatible with any other third party software. ...

Is that a solution, McAfee coexists with Microsoft products only? The McAfee software was changed and after that it generates problems.

Would be better to remove McAfee and switching back to AntiVir.

BTW: The removal of Alcohol 120% as recommended in other Threats doesn't help 😞

Peacekeeper
Message 45 of 132

haven't got a HP by chance with HP clould installed? If so uninstall it.

disabling netguard can help in some cases but other causes are hard to nail down.

Mcafee will work fine with malwarebytes etc but not the paid versions that have real time scanning. Installing mcafee best to remove these programs install mcafee and reinstall them works fine.

maneld
Former Member
Message 46 of 132

Hi,

I'm sorry but I think McAfee software is the core of this annoyant problem.

Exactly from mid november update with reboot needed.

I have exactly the same software from last Augost, nothing added, only Windows, Macaffe, Adobe and related plug-in updates.

I do not have third party security softwares installed  in my computer.

Delete temporary internet files, reboot your computer.  Done, issue persist

Reinstall McAfee. Make sure to run McAfee removal tool before reinstalling McAfee. Done, issue persist

I'm realizing that this pop-up is appearing in some webs with high content of ads (eg : e-newspapers); suddenly control of mousse is lost and......popup appears!

It seems a matter of syncronization.

Perhaps other users could confirm this.

Regards

newjack
Former Member
Message 47 of 132

Yes I agree.This is also not only an XP Issue.As I have windows 7 and have had some Mcafee service host errors over the past few weeks.

error.JPG

doodle78
Former Member
Message 48 of 132

The PC I am using is build up by myself. No HP, DELL or something else, which comes with a bunch of unwanted SW. Using Windows XP SP3 with latest security updates. Netguard is also not used.

McAfee Security Center 11.0 build 11.0.649

McAfee VirusScan 15.0 build 15.0.294

McAfee Personal Firewall 12.0 build 12.0.345

Before a McAfee update everything was working fine.

I can't help, but the reason of the failure must be McAfee in my opinion.

Peacekeeper
Message 49 of 132

Was not saying it was not some get a clash with hp cloud that gives the same message that was why I asked.

maneld
Former Member
Message 50 of 132

Hi

I do not know what hp cloud is, sorry

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community