cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ujwalpoojary
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Mcafee Pro is acting like a viru

After many many issues with Mcafee Pro from it taking up a constant 100% hard disk usage with it's active protection, constant stream of poppups and tabbing out to the service, and even dissallowing me to download or whitelist my own dropbox files for school work as they were untrusted documents. I eventually fully uninstalled Mcafee and opted to delete all the associated files. Some of the issues however still remained. My windows keep automatically deselecting themselves every 5 seconds and my keyboard occasionally has a mind of it's own after I decide what keys to press, making it really really hard to type, or well do anything for that matter. After running task manager for a day I found out what invisible programme was taking all my priority...

Mcafee. I can't open it without it crashing because it has been uninstalled from the computer. I can't delete the remaining files from my system drive because they are in locked folders and dissallow access. But it's still there and it's still trying to run. Granted it's no longer hogging a constant 95% of my pc usage, and it can't decide to run scans on it's own accord anymore, but it is preventing me from using alternate scanning services such as malwarebytes and it is still trying to take control of my keyboard input and it is still trying to open itself meaning it keeps tabbing me out of my active window and keeps adding and removing letters from what I type.

I get that it wants to keep my computer clean but there comes a point where you take so much priority that I can't even use my computer anymore. Mcafee crossed that bourdary long ago and I am seriously dissapointed as to how much like a virus it has become over the past couple years, seriously, make a programme that runs on its own accord and remove almost all ability to coustomise it to your preferences, who's great idea was that for a virus removal software.

How do I get rid of it once and for all? or atleast get the full use of my pc back? I can no longer open the programme up because the files needed to run the full stable version were removed.

1 Reply
RagothKarnan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Mcafee Pro is acting like a viru

Hello @ujwalpoojary

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused with the product uninstallation. Please follow the steps here TS101331 to remove McAfee traces.

Regards
Ragoth Karnan

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community