cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaylee
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Mcafee Module Core Service (ModuleCoreService.exe)

Hi this process ModuleCoreService.exe start's out very low when i boot, like 28mb.  I've been up on my system and its raised to 174mb.  I think i remeber this happening before with an earlier revision.  It dosent seem to be a memory leak per-say but i wanted to know if anyone else has this or knows if its right?

3 Replies
BlackRaven
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Mcafee Module Core Service (ModuleCoreService.exe)

My module core service reaches 3.4GB at peek, but runs usually at 800MB....Those numbers are way too high, leaving me no choice but to deinstall McAfee completely...

DebbieRose54
Contributor II
Message 3 of 4

Having this issue on all of our laptops... We have some with just the 4Gbs and module core service is causing extreme lagging, it's eating memory up like crazy on window 7, 8.1 and 10 systems with upto 16 Gbs ram... I've been observing it in task manager for about a week, up to 760 kbs when the pc is idle, when I have a browser open it shoots up and basically makes some of our laptops useless.  I thought it had something to do with siteadvisor but I already had the addon disabled, and not installed on other systems.

All malware scans ran on all machines nothing found. McAfee All Access Total Protection Version 16.0

Update: Second time in a week my laptop suddenly completely froze, once I realized that it was in fact frozen and was for 26 minutes, I happened to notice that McAfee scheduled scan was running when it froze.

JFXH
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

this is happening on 2 desktops - is McAfee addressing?

sometimes I have to just turn off the machine to get it back so I can work

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community