cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShushImSam
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

McUIcnt loosing focus

For some time, I have been struggling with programs losing focus. Finally, I downloaded "Windows Focus Logger" to identify what is causing the problem. Every 3 hours, McUICnt.exe is doing something in my system, and that is causing my current window to briefly lose focus. It returns after about 1-2 seconds. This is extremely annoying because, if I am typing in a window (like this), I will lose keystrokes! This particularly is annoying when I am gaming. For instance, on Terraia, where having focus is particularly important and based on time-reaction, McUICnt.exe completely ruins the game and make me die because my 'attacks' are stoppedwhen this happens.

What is McUICnt.exe doing every 3 hours? Can I somehow remove it? I looked everywhere in the settings, and I cannot find a scheduled job that is running every 3 hours. Further, I checked the Windows task scheduler, and I cannot find any McAfee jobs in there at all.

I love the product, and I look forward to a resolution.

2 Replies
sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: McUIcnt loosing focus

@ShushImSam

I would suggest to turn off all pop up Notifications related to McAfee.( Open McAfee GUI > General Settings and Alerts > Uncheck all Informational Alerts > Click Apply)

Also Change Update Setting to be Manual where you can check for updates whenever you wish.

Applying the above steps will never create a Desktop Notification therefore you can continue with your Game without losing Focus.

Please Post back your observations..!

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
Krush
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: McUIcnt loosing focus

This issue has been plague users since 2010, this post suggests the only real solution is uninstalling McAfee and going with a competitor, it's still happening to me as well and has been for years. And to be clear it is not a 'pop-up' or some other piece of UI that is coming into the foreground. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community