Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhishekmr89
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

McAffe subscription expired before time period

Hi Team

I am from India,I have brought HP envy laptop from US,It has come with preinstalled mcaffe protection for period of 1 year,I have brought this laptop on january 20 th from atlanta ,It was working fine till last saturady i.e, 15 february,till then the time zone was of atlanta and when i changed the time zone to india ,after sometime my mcaffe antivirus is showing an alert like ur subscription will expire in 4 days ,whre as stilll 11 months are there for its expiry,Please suggest me a solution as i have only 2 days left.

Please reply asap

7 Replies
abhishekmr89
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

Re: McAffe subscription expired before time period

It has windows 8.1 installed on it

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 8

Hi abhishek,

Try the below step and post back the outcome..!

> Check to see if there is McAfee's "M" shield icon present on the System tray area. If yes right click the icon and choose Verify Subscription.

> Wait for McAfee to verify your Subscription until you see a confirmation dialogue on the lower right of the screen. Click OK.

> Open McAfee user Interface and see if the Subscription information is correct..!

abhishekmr89
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

i subscription information said like verified ,but again the warning is saying like the product will expire in 1 day,plese help asap

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 8

Are you absolutely sure that your system clock is accurate?  Time, timezone and date - check them all.

abhishekmr89
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

yes i have changed the timezone from atlanta to india i.e utc+5.30 chennai,timezone,pls help

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 8

OK as long as the date is also correct I'd best leave this to Selvan to sort out for you.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 8

Hi abhishek,

I will be sending you a Private Message shortly Please Respond to proceed further...!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community