Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
damurrs
Contributor
Message 41 of 59

Re: McAfee stops running

Hi Hayton,

It has been awhile.  Any update to McAfee correcting this?

Art

Peacekeeper
Message 42 of 59

NO nothing as yet sorry so I added the question re feedback to our tomorrow's agenda for our weekly call.

lewiej
Former Member
Message 43 of 59

Any update?

Message was edited by: lewiej on 12/31/12 3:22:53 PM CST
Peacekeeper
Message 44 of 59

No they are away at the moment will ping the tech involved and he will answer after the new year

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 45 of 59

Last time we asked about it I got the impression that there was a big panic on over something or other and this issue got shunted to the bottom of the priority stack. I bet that's where it still is.

damurrs
Contributor
Message 46 of 59

Hi Hayton,

any update?

Art

lari
Former Member
Message 47 of 59

Any news on a fix for the issue above? I have to report I've been having the same more than annoying issue for 2 years (with no real help from McAfee tech support). Much appreciate an update.

Message was edited by: lari on 4/20/13 5:22:08 AM CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 48 of 59

I've sent a message to the 2 Moderators who were dealing with the thread to see if they are aware of anything new.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 49 of 59

I thought this should have been fixed by now. We'll have to get someone to chase this up and hopefully explain why it got forgotten. That won't be until Monday.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 50 of 59

Going back to post #1 I disagree, VirusScan or as it's called now Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, never continued running a scheduled scan or woke up & started one up during hibernation or sleep mode.  I think the OP was mistaken stating that  it used to do that.   That's the whole point of sleep/hibernation, to shut down Windows, but not quite power it off.   Why anyone would prefer to do that and not simply power off is a whole different subject, because those modes cause all kinds of malfunctions in various processes in my experience, but I guess it's their choice.

So, IMHO, this issue is a non-starter.

However, if the latter posters are talking about something else, then maybe they can explain that and we can branch this thread out.

If I am wrong then please correct me, but I'm pretty sure about this.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community