cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 31 of 59

Re: McAfee stops running

Yes they are also selling theirs and the real estate agent is not a nice guy. So Dad is intervening a bit.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 32 of 59

damurrs wrote:

Is there anything I can do to keep this on their radar and moving forward?

I've heard nothing since I last posted but no need to give me that nudge I asked for. I've put down a question for the call later asking for an update. Now all we need is for someone to  look at the questions *before* the call so they can have an answer ready.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 33 of 59

Latest on this is that it's been pushed up to the development team who have not, so far, come back with an answer to our questions.

damurrs
Contributor
Message 34 of 59

Thanks Hayton.  I'm hoping the development team follows through.

Art

damurrs
Contributor
Message 35 of 59

Hi Hayton.  Any word from the development team?

Art

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 36 of 59

No word from them. I should have asked about this in the last call but it slipped my mind. It'll go on the agenda for the next call - I'll do it now. I don't think I'd get an answer if I tried the direct approach, they all seem to be busy with something - possibly to do with the Win8 release.

thisisjohn
Former Member
Message 37 of 59

Just to let you know, I have the same problem - haven't been able to run a full McAfee scan for months and months because of this fault. Any update?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 38 of 59

From a quick Google Search I see that this is a common issue across the board of A/V scanner manufacturers.   The best answer I have found so far was on AVG - in standby or sleep mode the A/V still protects you but cannot run a scheduled scan because the hard drive is powered down and the software can't access the necessary files.

I suspect that Microsoft have made changes in the way sleep mode is handled as the OS's progressed through Vista to 7 and onwards, making it a true sleep, i.e. nothing active other than basic protection functions.    After all the main purpose of it is to save power.

It would be nice however if VirusScan had a setting to put the machine into sleep mode (or turn it off) once the scan had finished.

Perhaps someone wants to make a Product Suggestion?

https://community.mcafee.com/community/home/ideas

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 31/10/12 7:56:05 EDT AM
thisisjohn
Former Member
Message 39 of 59

Thanks Peter - that's my understanding too, but a bit annoying if McAfee hasn't been able to work with MS to come up with an answer. Ah well....

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 40 of 59

Well at least appears that we aren't alone, others have the same problem.  I think a product suggestion might be in order and that should come from one of you guys.   Meanwhile I'll suggest it to the beta QA Lead that I deal with to see if they've ever thought about it in the beta development.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 31/10/12 8:20:52 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community