Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CT-HelpfulHippo
Contributor II
Message 1 of 11

McAfee still rewarding spammers with commissions ? Affiliate 1079

McAfee Continuing to allow Affiliate Earning Commissions by Spamming

I have found repeated examples of spammers sending emails with the end result being a link to McAfee with what seems to be an affiliate ID.

This is a spam email being directed to a legitimate McAfee link. Why is this allowed ? And why is it so hard to report ? I have called multiple times, and forwarded countless times to THE spam address at mcafee each time explaining it's not a scam, it's a bad affiliate.

I have full details, headers, etc. If someone wants to reach out to me.

Recent Link goes to:

https://www.mcafee.com/consumer/en-us/landing-page/direct/aff/mtp-family/desktop/mcafee-total-protec...

Same 1079 affiliate that I have been reporting for months... Please do not take this and send me a separate note and close the issue... Please refer to your affiliate team and resolve this ongoing spam.

10 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 11

Re: McAfee still rewarding spammers with commissions ? Affiliate 1079

Hi @CT-HelpfulHippo,

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly revert with the required details to help you regarding the issue

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

CT-HelpfulHippo
Contributor II
Message 3 of 11

fyi,

I have provided all the information McAfee needs to take action, multiple times over multiple months... The affiliate is 1079, and a screenshot of the email from McAfee indicates affiliate abuse...

Why, after several months am I still getting with same affiliate ? McAfee should be protecting people from spam, not rewarding affiliates for sending it...

Spam EmailSpam EmailActually LANDS at McAfee !Actually LANDS at McAfee !Acknowledged months ago but still ongoing !Acknowledged months ago but still ongoing !

CT-HelpfulHippo
Contributor II
Message 4 of 11

Here is another spam email from affiliate 1079.... Why is McAfee so inept at solving affiliate abuse ? Are you making money and looking the other way ?

Link goes to here:

https://www.mcafee.com/consumer/en-us/landing-page/direct/aff/mtp-family/desktop/mcafee-total-protec...affid=1079&param3=196_588850_3672_3467268_md&param2=1c5zn460mkpi&param1=350367&prgt=la&culture=EN-US&cid=254225&pir=1

time to take some action McAfee, this was acknowledged by your company months ago with this same affiliate... You must be paying them still as they continue to expend energy.

McAfee1.jpg

CT-HelpfulHippo
Contributor II
Message 5 of 11

McAfee still rewarding spammers with commissions ? Affiliate 1079

Another day... more affiliate abuse... How do I get someone to actually take some action about this scourge ?

https://www.mcafee.com/consumer/en-us/landing-page/direct/aff/mtp-family/desktop/mcafee-total-protec...affid=1079&param3=196_588850_3695_3473275_md&param2=1csq9w43t675&param1=350367&pkg_id=521&culture=en-us&prgt=lc

McAfee1.jpg

Venkat_YM
Message 6 of 11

Hi @CT-HelpfulHippo 

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The legitimate emails from McAfee ends with mcafee.com not any other source domains. For more information, about scam emails kindly click on the below link and also you can report the scam emails.

Report Scam Notification

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance or call our helpline number 24/7 (866-622-3911)US.

McAfee Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Venkat

CT-HelpfulHippo
Contributor II
Message 7 of 11

@Venkat_YM , I'm sure your copy and paste reply might fly for someone easily convinced. I am unfortunately not easily convinced.

This is affiliate abuse, I believe your company is rewarding spammers by allowing them to  earn revenue REGARDLESS OF HOW THEY DO IT.

See something, say something, do something.... McAfee should fix this affiliate abuse and it seems not concerned... WHY ? 

A dollar in however it comes makes it all OK ? Seems so.

Venkat_YM
Message 8 of 11

Hi @CT-HelpfulHippo 

Greetings from McAfee.

We deeply regret for the inconvenience caused.

We would like to inform you that this has been taken to our notice and investigation on the mentioned affiliate is in progress. We will let you know on further updates. Thanks for bringing to our attention.

Really appreciate your patience.

Regards,
Venkat

John_C
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

@CT-HelpfulHippo These mcafee affiliates are also using the fake "Your PC is Infected" websites through redirection.  If you click on the continue link it will send you to McAfee to purchase the most expensive package they sell to consumers.

Warning: Do not go to this site unless running in Sandbox

The original link : _https://vidmoon.net/video/MRXWdAVI9xD which comes from a harmless site "National Center for Families Learning", I've notified them.

The link will randomly send you to different websites but eventually gets to the fake McAfee infection detection site after one or two tries.

Fake McAfee Infection Link: _https://occupyelection.cfd/ln/index.html#

Clicking the continue button in the above site will send you to McAfee's site below, but the affid = 0, not sure why that is.

"_https://www.mcafee.com/consumer/en-us/ipz/checkout/2web/payment.html?moguid=ABCB1E73-4438-4362-9EB2-24A5203D..."

Venkat_YM
Message 10 of 11

Hi @John_C 

Greetings from McAfee.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We have raised a ticket to the concern team.

The website will be reviewed and classified accordingly, please check after 3 - 5 business days.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Venkat

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community