cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awfulsoftware
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

McAfee starts itself, and interrupts my work

Every time I start my computer, about a minute or so after Windows has started McAfee starts itself and dumps itself in front of the word processor or web browser that I am trying to use. Surely there is a setting that stops this software continually interrupting my work, but I cannot find it.

Please help - how can I have the software run solely in the background?

3 Replies
user_63814
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee starts itself, and interrupts my work

I have the same problem since I renewed my subscription - never had it before and don't know how to get it to run in the background again.   Please somebody help! I am sick of all the popups and feel like changing software now.

junk_cia_man_ju
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

There will be an update for this bug... Soon...

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 4

As cia_man says it is nearly here I am expecting it now look for 16.0.6 upgrade. If they find a bug in teh fix it might be delayed. check with this thread for updates.

https://community.mcafee.com/message/473003?et=watches.email.thread#473003

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community