cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GWE
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

McAfee selling 2012 versions of Av on Amazon for $11

I see on Amazon that McAfee is selling all the 2012 AV suites for $10-$15.  This includes the multiple license versions also.  This is a good thing, however, why is it still so much money to simply renew a subscription for an additional year on the McAfee web site?  Will you price match?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_4/190-0462068-3419669?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords...

1 Reply
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee selling 2012 versions of Av on Amazon for $11

Well, for one thing if you get it direct from McAfee you know you're getting the real thing. I checked the site and, yes, it says it's McAfee software and some of it is sold direct from Amazon (some comes from third party suppliers).

But after my recent experience of receiving counterfeit Microsoft software sourced through Amazon (Amazon were not to blame) I'm wary of special low-price offers like this. It may be okay, and for $11 it's probably worth buying. But there's always a chance that it may not be.

Will McAfee price match? I doubt it.

Edit : Plus - used software???  I think you'll find that most software suppliers don't like, I mean really don't like, multiple PC installations of one purchased software package. It's usually in the EULA. Don't go for one of those "used" copies, whatever you do.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 11/05/12 04:48:09 IST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community