cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mark_va_usa
Contributor II
Message 1 of 2

McAfee scan results and WinZip

Today  McAfee scan had a result that recommends me to install an update WinZip 11.2.0.0 and that this update must be installed by me. However, I now have WinZip 22.5 installed. Any idea why McAfee would be telling me this?  In my Windows 10 Control Panel, I only see the WinZip 22.5.

I tried to delete all the WinZip application files I could find that were older than2018, and redid the scan. The need to update WinZip 11.2.0.0 did not show up in the second scan.

I also made a post https://community.mcafee.com/t5/VirusScan/winzip19-wz-exe-file-could-not-be-deleted/m-p/598031#M1634... last week saying McAfee scan had two results - winzip19-wz.exe and winzip19-wz.exe(1) files "could not be deleted." However, I don't seem to be seeing these two results this week. So it isn't clear how  or McAfee scan is dealing with WinZip.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Reply
sivasubramanian
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee scan results and WinZip

@mark_va_usa

Please contact our Technical Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community