Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinm40
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

McAfee not installed but get pop-ups

Jump to solution

McAfee warnings have started popping up on my computer and I can't stop it.

1. It was not "piggy backed" on my computer from another software because I haven't loaded any software recently and am very careful when doing so just to be sure to keep McAfee off.

2. It does not appear when searching for software to be removed using Windows Uninstall Programs or Revo Uninstaller.

3. It does not appear when searching for "McAfee" on my C drive.

4. Though these pop-ups are clearly spam, it is not removed during nightly Anti-Malware software operations.

So, how do I stop pop-ups from a program I do not have installed?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee not installed but get pop-ups

Jump to solution

Hello Kevin

Looking at the image it looks like the pop up is from McAfee Security Scan Plus, which is a free tool that gives you the status of the protection on your system, irrespective of if you have McAfee or any other security software installed.

Under Programs and Features, sort by Publisher name and check if there is any program with the name Secrity Scan Plus with the Publisher as McAfee. Uninstall the program and you shouldnt be seeing the pop up after that. If you do not see the product listed there, download and run the McAfee Consumer Product Removal (MCPR) tool from the below link and restart the computer to remove the product completely.

http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp

Regards

Farhan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hello Kevin

Looking at the image it looks like the pop up is from McAfee Security Scan Plus, which is a free tool that gives you the status of the protection on your system, irrespective of if you have McAfee or any other security software installed.

Under Programs and Features, sort by Publisher name and check if there is any program with the name Secrity Scan Plus with the Publisher as McAfee. Uninstall the program and you shouldnt be seeing the pop up after that. If you do not see the product listed there, download and run the McAfee Consumer Product Removal (MCPR) tool from the below link and restart the computer to remove the product completely.

http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp

Regards

Farhan

Leo818181
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Dear Sir and Madam,

the link is brocken "500". Also the link via chatbot is brocken. I would demand to provide us with a suitable solution because it is really anoying. In case i have not installed a programm and get notified is pretty uncool and unproductive.

thanks in advanced regards leo

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community