cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danville
Former Member
Message 1 of 1

McAfee makes system unusable (three of them!)

Since I installed McAfee on three of my systems they, at times, bog down to completely un-usable.

I've learned not to even attempt to use my PC for at least 10-20 minutes after it's powered on. McAfee simply bogs all three systems it's on to a dead-crawl. After the first update of the day, every day, I may be able to use my system.

If new software is installed, or use is attempted, again; forget about it. McAfee bogs down anything new to a crawl.

My systems vary from newer to older. McAfee doesn't care, it kills performance on all of them.

When running the system memory load is about 250MB! That's more than FOUR TIMES the system load of Outlook! It is easily the largest program running on my system. And it supposed to be a background application?!!

I've seen no other anti-virus that bogs my system down so completely, and certainly none of the free apps do the same. Releases of Symantec I've used are nearly undetectible in their overhead.

I can't imagine buying this software, and if it had cost money I certainly would be screaming for a refund!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community