cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nathanrr44
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

McAfee keeps deactivating

when i reinstalled windows 7 on my pc i had problems activating my mcafee security it went straight on to trail version.

i phoned tech support and the lady guided me to install mcafee and login during the installation. This worked but however now it keeps deactivating.

everytime i reinstall it, it works for about 5mins and then deactivates itself. when i uninstall the program however it says *Your have 356 days of antivirus left do you wish to uninstall*.

3 Replies
JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee keeps deactivating

Hi Nathan,

Please click on the M icon (on  the task bar) and click verify subscription.

If still McAfee says its about to be deactivated , kindly follow the steps outlined here that should take care of the issue . http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100966

Regards,

nathanrr44
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

hi i allready verifyed my subscription and it says its been verified however it still remains deactivated i followed ur link and it was a dead page.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Hi Nathan,

The page  not  working might be temporary glitch , I can access it even right now, I would suggest you to click on Useful links at the top of this page and then click on Technical  support and get connected to out chat technicians so as they could help you deactivate the unused PC and get this PC activated and resolve the issue (The FAQ, Jai posted actually consisted this information

Thanks,

Message was edited by: Dinz on 10/16/11 8:15:26 AM GMT-06:00
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community