cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaime25
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

McAfee issues

Error code:Application cannot be executed.The file .exe is infected, ive been trying to install McAfee anti-virus but it cant open the .exe file

i need help

3 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee issues

Hi,

Are you receiving any malicious pop ups on the computer that the computer is been infected ?
Also provide some additional information like;

What is the operating system ?
Do we have a ny other antivirus installed in the computer

Regards,
Dinesh K

jaime25
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Well the operating system is a Windows vista,and yes there is pop-ups from Windows Security Center telling me to activate my anti-virus software

i dont have any other Antivirus software.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Hi Jaime25,

If your computer is already infected with a virus or other malware, this is supposed to happen while executing the file. I would recommend you stop the installation and run a scan for malware before attempting the install again.

The following document would help you in running an advanced scan, http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100054

Kindly report back if you have any issues.

Thanks,

Dinesh K

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community