cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
narasimhadasari
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

McAfee does not allow to install anyhting on my new Dell laptop with Windows 10 home OS

McAfee is not allowing to install anything on my new Dell laptop with Windows 10 home OS.

8 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

Re: McAfee does not allow to install anyhting on my new Dell laptop with Windows 10 home OS

Is Windows totally up to date, including Internet Explorer?  Even if you don't use it McAfee does.

"install anything"  ?  Can you clarify that please?  Unless you've set the firewall to lockdown status I can't see how that can happen unless you are trying to install from a doubtful/bad source.

Also open McAfee, click "About" and post the SecurityCenter version/build details.

narasimhadasari
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Re: McAfee does not allow to install anyhting on my new Dell laptop with Windows 10 home OS

Capture.PNGHi,

This is my 2 days old laptop .OS is windows 10 Home.Using microsoftedge.

McAfee is Live Safe

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 9

As Colleague Ex_Brit stipulated, please give us a 'ScreenShot' Of your Version/Build, you can obtain this from Clicking on 'About'. Also if you seem to be having difficutly installing, try using Internet Explorer, as it is part of Windows 10.

Also have you installed the latest 'Update/Upgrade (1511) ? Plus make certain you have the latest 'Adobe Flash Player'

All the Best,

CD.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 9

Capture.JPG

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 9

Keeping in mind,if you elect to reinstall. You must first uninstall from your Programs/Features first/Restart. In order to release your used License, and follow up by using the latest (MCPR) Tool to remove any remaining remnants before going to your Account to reinstall, if necessary.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 9

I would also add that as Microsoft block all apps from accessing Edge, it's not the best browser to use at the moment.  Once they allow add-on/apps then things will hopefully improve as it is a well-designed browser.

Try IE11 for your downloads, while it's open click the cogwheel at the upper far right corner to bring up Webadvisor.  Make sure it is set to scan searches in all browsers (except Edge of course).

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 9

As I really am not too sure about Edge's relationship with antivirus software, I really think Technical Support might be your best bet.

It's free of charge by phone or online chat and linked below.

If you see an email option, I don't recommend that as it is a slow way of getting support.

Contact Support

SafeBoot
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

We need more information on exactly what's not working - can you share some screen shots of the actual problem, or a more detailed description of why you think McAfee is stopping you doing something?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community