cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrParis
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

McAfee does NOT respond to their own Chat Line

Why doesn't McAfee respond to their own Chat Line? I've been trying for days ... and no-one picks up. With the amount of annual money we pay, you'd think they'd have a top notch service. But this is extremely disappointing.

I have got a minor issue and then this frustration occurs. Not necessary. At the very least, give me a phone number to ring. McAfee have hidden all forms of communication to humans that work in their company and have invested in BOTS that do NOT address the issue. Someone from McAfee, anyone, make connection with me so I can resolve my issue. Please!!!!!!!!!!

11 Replies
Nagesh_G
Message 2 of 12

Re: McAfee does NOT respond to their own Chat Line

Hi @DrParis ,

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused, You can try connecting our support line by using the Link Customer Support or you can contact by phone using 866-622-3911.

Regards

Nagesh G

DrParis
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Tried, no human response. Just BOTS sending me around in circles. Wasting HOURS of my time. My time is precious, just like yours. I’m a client, and you’ll think my time takes priority, but it clearly doesn’t. So I’m stuck in limbo, paying you a lot of money, to keep me there. So tell me, do you think that’s right?

DrParis
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Great ... I get "your call could not be connected".

This is incredible. 3 weeks and only 1 time connection, via Chat, with a Human Being, who wanted a screen shot. Got the screen shot ... and now ... no more Human Beings available to connect with me. The problem I have can be solved by a 15yo with basic programming skills, it does NOT require Rocket Science. The pop up ... over the top over everything ... "McAfee Total Protection Notification' panel can NOT be shut done. NO "x" to Close it ... nothing. Check at the browser notification ... nothing. Check system notification ... nothing. Could it be that McAfee has a VIRUS (incredible). The only way for me to get rid of it, is to restart my Computer (WHY). Which gives be about 1 weeks grace before we go through this all over again. McAfee ... fix up your OWN virus. I'm sure the media would get a good laugh out of this (not me).

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 12

While we wait for a reply how about posting the screenshot here. Someone might recognise the popup and know what to do with it.

DrParis
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Great idea. Here is a screen shot of the annoying panel.

Screen Shot 2023-07-30 at 1.28.22 am.png

Venkat_YM
Message 7 of 12

Hi @DrParis 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly check the private message for further details.

Regards,
Venkat

sreerajkk
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Hi Dr Paris,

We had contacted you in assisting with your problem with McAfee. As discussed on the interaction we had today, kindly observe for any issues for next few days and let us know if there is still a problem by replying to the private email that we had sent you.

Regards,
Sreeraj

DrParis
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Wow! Thank you very much there Venkat (McAfee Moderator). You were brilliant. Took me through the process and you were very clear (and patient) with your instructions. It was much appreciate. All I can say to the McAfee Exec Team, your HUMAND Help Desk support is 100%. However, you BOT Help support did absolutely nothing for me, except waste 3 days of my time. Add phone numbers to your Help Desk, and employ more Humans. 

DrParis
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

My mistake. The Community Moderator that helped me solve the problem was SREERAJ, not Venkat. Thank you Sreeraj!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community