cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KenHB
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

McAfee appears to not know what to do with "Trojan:Script/AsyncRAT.VL!1""

Full scan reported Unresolved Threat in Subject.

First attempt with McAfee to resolve resulted in 3 different analysts logging into my machine, telling me I needed a $69.99 package to fix it. McAfee ran some downloaded software that they said fixed the threat.

So, I did another full scan. Same result. Threat still existed.

Called back and anther McAfee analyst said this is not a problem and just mark it resolved.

Another full scan said the threat still exists.

So, McAfee appears to have sold me a package I did not need wasting $69.99. OR, the threat still exists.

All I can do now is uninstall McAfee and purchase another Virus Protection product. 

I will probably reset my PC and to get rid of a threat that may or may not exist.

No trust left in their virus protection or analysts. Lots of work to resolve on my own.

2 Replies
Nagesh_G
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee appears to not know what to do with "Trojan:Script/AsyncRAT.VL!1""

Hi @KenHB ,

We regret for the inconvenience, we request you to delete the file from the location and restart the computer and try running the scan. The issue which you have reported is an ongoing issue and our engineers are working for the fix . 

Regards
Nagesh G

Karen_777
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee appears to not know what to do with "Trojan:Script/AsyncRAT.VL!1""

I have same issue with a McAfee full scan detecting Trojan:Script AsyncRAT in the system32/config/SOFTWARE file. This problem seems to have started when I installed Microsoft Teams classic on my PC. McAfee Tech was unable to remove the Trojan because Windows 10 kept giving message that config/SOFTWARE file is locked because it is in use. So Tech checked “Resolved” for the Trojan and said it is not a problem. However when I restart my PC and run a full scan, McAfee again detects the Trojan. Kindly request McAfee Team to issue a fix asap because I’m concerned about using my PC until this dangerous Trojan is completely removed.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community