Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tiribos
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

McAfee and Windows update

Jump to solution

Hello,

Yesterday i started for the first time my new laptop Asus. (Win 10 .0 version 10240 was in and McAfee to)

McAfee internet security have found some Windows updates (some x13 KB...). They was installed with success (cheked in history of Win update)

Today i have uninstall McAfee internet security, it was with a valid subscription. Thats all what i have do. After, i have launch Windows update and he dont want found updates because error code 0x80240fff

Microsoft tell that :

SYMPTOMS

When a Windows Update client connects to an internal server that has custom content published to it, the client may encounter error code 0x80240fff. After encountering this error, the client can no longer install updates.

CAUSE

This error can occur if custom content uses a Product name that matches an existing Category name. For example, this can occur if you create a product within SCUP named "Tools". This leads to an issue when evaluating the categories since there is now a product named "Tools" and an update classification called "Tools".
Can you think McAfee uninstall have make my problem ?
Regards
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tiribos
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Re: McAfee and Windows update

Jump to solution

Well, apparently Microsoft has solved the problem.

McAfee was not involved, it was only a coincidence.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

You may find the following article informative:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-wont-update-error-code...

May I ask if you followed these Guidelines/Instructions?

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview

You can also contact Technical Support (Free)

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

All the Best,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

I recommend you use the option in Vulnerability Scanner NOT to search for Windows Updates and instead rely on the actual Windows Update itself.

The scanner is good, but it can occasionally trip up and I find the above is the best way.

If you have questions about Windows 10 I can highly recommend the following forum, which by the way is patrolled by Microsoft MVP's.  It has great Tutorials and posts asking for help rarely go unanswered.

Windows 10 Forums

tiribos
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Well, thank you !

I think Microsoft have recently changed something in there servers.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Maybe so.  That forum probably would verify that if you asked.

tiribos
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Well, apparently Microsoft has solved the problem.

McAfee was not involved, it was only a coincidence.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for clarifying it.

Good luck 😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community