Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StuG123
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

McAfee - VERY HIGH CPU USAGE

Hi, 

McAfee liveSafe fully up to date as of this posting - numerous McAfee services are consuming VERY HIGH CPU usage. I see this has been an issue in other posts here but given fully up to date has this issue come back?!

2 Replies
Cnutson
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee - VERY HIGH CPU USAGE

I am having the same problem on one of my laptops as well. However I have another laptop where the CPU usage is lower, but on both laptops everything si really slow.

Is this a known problem at the moment? I will have to deinstall and refund it if it stays like that...

Cnutson
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee - VERY HIGH CPU USAGE

I might have found out why it was so slow an my laptops. One of them has finished the full system scan and now that one runs quite with a normal speed I think.

However that doesn't explain the high CPU usage. And I would still like to know why my laptops are almost blocked during scanning. Especially because the scans take many hours for 290000 files. This is definitely not acceptable and I would like to know whether I can adjust the full system scan so it doesn't block my entire laptop.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community