Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 71 of 95

Re: McAfee Total Protection - Firewall Stops & Stuck In Update Mode

​,

Actually if you look at the screenshot ​ posted , you will see the files you mentioned. So I would venture to say that you indeed have the Version 2.1.173.0.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
steve7
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 72 of 95

catdaddy wrote:

steve7,

Actually if you look at the screenshot jschilberg posted , you will see the files you mentioned. So I would venture to say that you indeed have the Version 2.1.173.0.

I went into ClientAnalyticsReg and ModuleALE.dll, their Properties - Details (didn't do that the first time) and it's 2.1.173.0 (think you have a typo with the third digit, should be a 1 not a 2).   So you're right, thanks.

I assumed the date of the file would be the 19th since that's when this was cleared up.  It's dated the 16th, not a big deal.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 73 of 95

Thanks Steve

For your *keen* observation, as you are correct. ( I corrected it) Chalk it up to being on here far too long today. Glad that you got it all sorted out.

All the Best

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
jschilberg
Contributor
Message 74 of 95

Support Folks,

I just uninstalled the version of McAfee Total Protection I installed 3-2-17. Since I installed that version, I've had Chrome slow to a crawl, then Outlook did the same, followed by herkey-jerky mouse tracking, after 6-8 hours of operation.

so, it's back to Windows Defender and Firewall for me until you guys come up with another suggestion.

John

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 75 of 95

Hi John

I will bring this up to their attention Monday. I hate to sound like a 'Broken Record*, but hoping all will be resolved soon.

All the Best

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
jschilberg
Contributor
Message 76 of 95

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for the concern and optimism.

I'll run with Windows defender and keep my eyes open for any oddities with that configuration.

Best,

John

linbob45
Former Member
Message 77 of 95

I have been having this same problem for over a month.  After reading this entire thread I'm SO disappointed not to find a solution (Although I can't imagine the frustration that John must be having!).  Has anything new come up to solve this problem? 

hgldr
Former Member
Message 78 of 95

Agreed.. SOO frustrating. I've had this "An update is being installed" message continually for 2 days. ( I have a Dell with Win-7)  I can't use McAfee, can't run a quick scan, I can't even find if McAfee is even working or not. I had an online technician from McAfee reinstall McAfee remotely last week and it still has the problem.

hgldr
Former Member
Message 79 of 95

At this point, my question to the forum is,

Does anyone know of a good antivirus program I can buy which works?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 80 of 95

All I can say is the 15.1R2 Version/Build is slated to install any day now. I have been running it since last October and it is functioning perfectly.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

For some still running the (Green GUI) this New installer should release the (Blue GUI).

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community