cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
findit89
Former Member
Message 51 of 71

Re: McAfee Total Protection Corrupts Any Browser?

Outside of browser stall with Non Responding error, no performance or high ram usage problems.  Other non browser applications continued to run fine with internet access not impeded.

Peacekeeper
Message 52 of 71

Ok might  not be the issue but a fix for the analytics issue which can have connectivity to the net issues has been released abiet throttled. see

I just this minute received a Mcafee Antivirus Plus update that included new versions of McClientAnalytics.exe, McClientAnalytics.dll, and ModuleAnalyticsProxy.dll. The new files have version number 2.1.173.0 (vs. the problematic version 2.1.167.0).

Might assist you see what happens. The update will come slowly to all.

Bilbo_1405
Former Member
Message 53 of 71

Just for the record.
Our system her has seemingly worked fine for a few days. No issues as far as I know.

What we experienced on the desktop computer (hard-wired on ethernet) was that the internet stalled occasionally with Firefox. reboot was the only 'fix.'  This issue didn't seem to happen ever on the Wifi connected laptop.
This would happen anywhere from 1-3 times a day but I think that it would have been more related to something on the specific websites triggering an incoming data freeze because certain web sites would work for a time while others such as google or main news sites wouldn't.
I also noticed that I could not access McAfee. Their dashboard would not open until re-boot. 

Again, it seems to be working so far.
Thanks for support.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 54 of 71

As mentioned, there is a *Emergency Fix* being throttled out @ 50k per day (Globally). Which addresses these issues.

Thank you for your input, we will continue to monitor these threads.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
steve7
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 55 of 71

I haven't had this issue trigger since Sunday so I guess I got the "fix."   The only "side effect"  is that there's times when I'd click on a command or try and open a browser tab and it won't work and it'll take a couple of clicks (or seconds) for it to work.   Doesn't happen often, and not a big deal, but thought I'd mention it.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 56 of 71

Thank you for your invaluable input Steve.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
samy2710
Former Member
Message 57 of 71

What does 50K per day means, how do I check if I am able to down load this update ?. Has Mc Afee officially confirmed that this update will resolve the issue

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 58 of 71

It simply means that an *Emergency Release* is being throttled out Globally at the rate of 50k per day. It is my understanding that our internal Tier 2.5 Technicians/Engineers will be addressing this Connection issue in this thread.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 59 of 71

50 thousand/day.   They do it that way so it's possible to catch problems before they become widespread.   Once they consider the update successful then it goes on general release.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 60 of 71

I'd just finished typing that when the update came in.  

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community