cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boos
Former Member
Message 31 of 71

Re: McAfee Total Protection Corrupts Any Browser?

Recently bought online. If there's a zero star I'll give this product a Big ZERO. I have uninstalled and installed but having same problem. Mcfee Help support poor/useless blaming my browser for the repeated hacking and virus intrusion+++. Used virtual technician made my pc more unstable. My computer was totally unstable, NOT TOTALLY PROTECTED, frustratingly frozen screen++, very slow throughout after downloading this antivirus. Waste of money, Refused to refund my money when only used for less than a month. Now my pc is faster, smoothly and safely working on Norton. I shouldn't have tried mcfee. I have always been with Norton. Never again

johnsikora
Contributor
Message 32 of 71

I have to update my original solution. I thought that just disabling real time would fix the issue but it didn't. I, like others, had to deinstall the whole suite. Everything seems to be working fine. I'll put another update in in about a week (that would be about 4 times longer than it ever worked correctly) or earlier if the problem reoccurs.

findit89
Former Member
Message 33 of 71

Ironic that you mention Norton.  Their 5 device best package is offered today only for $60.  A rebate for $60 makes it free.  At NewEgg.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 34 of 71

boos wrote:

Recently bought online. If there's a zero star I'll give this product a Big ZERO. I have uninstalled and installed but having same problem. Mcfee Help support poor/useless blaming my browser for the repeated hacking and virus intrusion+++. Used virtual technician made my pc more unstable. My computer was totally unstable, NOT TOTALLY PROTECTED, frustratingly frozen screen++, very slow throughout after downloading this antivirus. Waste of money, Refused to refund my money when only used for less than a month. Now my pc is faster, smoothly and safely working on Norton. I shouldn't have tried mcfee. I have always been with Norton. Never again

I suspect something was radically wrong to start with as the Virtual Technician is a lightweight piece of software.   Technical Support for all McAfee products is free of charge and top-notch IMHO.  If at first they don't solve the problem one can escalate the issue to a higher tier and it's all free of charge.

McAfee also have 100% satisfaction or money-back guarantee.   If a refund was refused I suspect something stood in the way such as, for instance, maybe you bought it through a 3rd party reseller?

Whatever the case Customer Service is free by phone or online chat (as is Technical Support.   Note: Refunds will not be processed via email support.

Support

findit89
Former Member
Message 35 of 71

Don't think it should be necessary for new reports of this problem to get it elevated to a higher tier.  This is a big problem with McAfee.  Any call on this subject should be acknowledged as a known problem that is being handled at the highest level.  Those calling should be assured that they will be contacted as soon as a solution is reached.  An offer for a refund could be offered during these conversations.

Representatives treating this problem like they are unaware of it  will only cause a huge PR problem for McAfee.  Putting users through different paths to find a problem that is known is only a stalling effort and costly in time and effort for both your techs and the clients.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 36 of 71

I might add also, I understand your frustration and your input is invaluable/encouraged. Having said this, this is a 'Peer to Peer' Community to discuss issues with McAfee products. Please refrain from discussing (Norton) products, as you can create a discussions in a Norton Forum.

I ask you this with all respect...

Also I may add that one can always seek assistance through this channel:

Total Satisfaction Promise - McAfee Support

Thank you

CD.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
findit89
Former Member
Message 37 of 71

Went to the link provided.  This is the message at the top -

Urgent Announcement:

Our support is experiencing extended wait times. We apologize for this inconvenience and will restore services as soon as possible

Wonder why the call center is so busy?

Still hoping for a resolution to this problem.  Also hoping we get a daily update on the status of the fix.

Thank you

Jim

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 38 of 71

I actually brought this (Warning) up on the next Conference Call. There is no need to think that there is an extended *Wait time*. And the (Warning) is certainly nothing related to this issue. My last attempt to reach TS, took no less than 2 minutes.

FYI

2.MarkR/DougK  Consumer Support Link still displaying long wait times? CD

Technical Support

Urgent Announcement:

Our support is experiencing extended wait times. We apologize for this inconvenience and will restore services as soon as possible.

There was a Typhoon and inclement weather that initiated the warning at one time, in the India geographical location.

Also you can be self-assured that we indeed keep you/everyone updated, period.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 39 of 71

Did you attempt to *Escalate* to the Highest Level Possible?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
findit89
Former Member
Message 40 of 71

No.  My reason being a very bad interface with CS about 5 years ago.  The reps were always quite nice and appeared to make every effort to help.  Including accessing my PC and analyzing and make changes to attempt to remove a known virus.  End the end, my PC was corrupted to a state where it was no longer usable.  Results matter and they were unable to help in the end. 

Sorry to sound so negative.  I actually have faith that a fix will be found.  But I prefer to use Defender until the solution is determined.  I only post here now when new info comes to my attention or I get a reply here that expects a reply.   I still have the 10 months on my subscription and plan to use McAfee on my 3 systems when the fix is available. Should the TP SW operate smoothly the rest of the year, I will re-subscribe.

Jim

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community