cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jakedemian
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

McAfee Total Protection 2010 won't let me activate...

McAfee is telling me i need to activate the product, so i click activate. and whenever I do, a windo pops up that says "Please wait while we connect to McAfee.com..." and it appears to be loading something, but nothing ever happens. I've let that sit overnight and it never loads anything. I've  tried over and over again and I'm getting fed up that I bought this, installed it, but i can't use it because it won't activate.  Someone please help.

2 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee Total Protection 2010 won't let me activate...

Try making Internet Explorer your default browser if not already and also advise what version of IE it is (Help-About).

If it is IE6 got to Tools/Internet Options

Under the Security tab make sure all zones are set to default, unfer the Advanced tab also defualt, click Apoply and OK.

If IE7 or 8 go to the Advanced tab and click Reset, click Apply and OK.  Close and reopen IE and go to Tools/Add-ons and re-enable the add-ons.

See if that helps.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee Total Protection 2010 won't let me activate...

Moved to Home General Discussion.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/01/10 10:59:12 EST AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community