cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 171 of 365

Re: McAfee Service Host Problem

I wonder if you had SA installed and netguard disabled whether that would work. Asking as a netguard fix is coming for the youtube issue and may fix this issue for netgaurd as well.

That way you can use all your suite.

ws65711
Former Member
Message 172 of 365

Umm....   I don't know what Netguard is.   My McAfee doesn't show anything called Netguard, and if I search in "Help" it doesn't show up there either.   The image below is captured from the version I have installed . . .

McAfee.jpg

Edit:  I found it after I posted.  It's "Net Guard" (two seperate words).   Net Guard is enabled on the 3 machines that had SiteAdvisor installed.

Message was edited by: ws65711 on 4/5/12 7:54:45 PM CDT
Peacekeeper
Message 173 of 365

Sorry my bad..

maneld
Former Member
Message 174 of 365

Hi,

SiteAdvisor uninstalled yesterday morning, no errors the hole day.

This morning I achieved this without errors : not seen from mid novembertabs.jpg

17 sites opened !!!!!!!!!!

cpu.jpg

Speed goes down, it is logical with my CPU, but without errors  

Hope errors do not come back.

And still wondering why I can not use SiteAdvisor, it is suposed to run togheter with all MaCaffe software.

Regards

Peacekeeper
Message 175 of 365

I wish 1 of you would reinstall SA and disable Netguard so we can confirm or not that either solution works. Remember this is not the workaround for all.

I will ask the techs in our Monday call.

A question for those with SA off helping are you also on XP? The main group seem to all be on XP just wondering if this still a cvommon denominator.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 7/04/12 6:44:09 AM
jlcavor
Former Member
Message 176 of 365

Yes XP Pro SP3

Message was edited by: jlcavor on 4/6/12 2:08:50 PM PDT
maneld
Former Member
Message 177 of 365

Hi

Yes XP HOME Edition SP3 updated

I'm afraid to reinstall SA

ws65711
Former Member
Message 178 of 365

176. Apr 6, 2012 3:44 PM (in response to maneld)

I wish 1 of you would reinstall SA and disable Netguard so we can confirm or not that either solution works . . .

==========================================================================================

I did this yesterday (Saturday) morning on my notebook.   So far so good, but you must realize that I'm not using

Internet Explorer anywherenear as much at home on the weekend as I do during the week.   Especially on Easter weekend.

But anyway, no errors as yet.  I should know for sure by tomorrow (Monday) afternoon.  It would be very unusual for me to go

a whole day at work without having the error occur several times.

If I get through tomorrow without errors, I will re-enable Net Guard on Tuesday morning to confirm that the errors re-occur.

jlcavor
Former Member
Message 179 of 365

I un-installed SA a couple of months ago now with no errors as I reported earlier. Net Guard is installed and active in my case. Again I am running XP Pro SP3.

Peacekeeper
Message 180 of 365

Thanks for going to the trouble to test this theory.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community