cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoberttheBruce
Former Member
Message 131 of 365

Re: McAfee Service Host Problem

Are McAfee ignoring this problem or what ? I mean, what's keeping them ?

Dinz
Former Member
Message 132 of 365

Hi Robert,

This is the top prioritized issue that is been discussed on our daily meeting with the Tier 3 engineers, and our backend team is working on getting close to find out a solution ! We completely understand the time frame its taken to isolate the problem , given that the nature and intensity of this errors message is something crucial that makes it hard to resolve.

Regards,

ws65711
Former Member
Message 133 of 365

This svchost.exe problem started for me in December.  It occurs on several computers that I use, all running McAfee.   A search on the internet shows that this issue has been going on for years for some people.   There needs to be an option in McAfee to IGNORE certain files.  Then I could tell McAfee "Look, there is nothing wrong with this file.  Stop popping up your foolish messages".   Sometimes all I get is a message, I acknowledge it and continue.  Other times, my computer seems to go off into never-never land following theessage.  Internet Explorer won't do anything, then when I can finally get IE to close my computer  runs at 1 mile per hour.  If I resart IE, it won't go to the internet.   I have to reboot, which takes about 5-10 minutes due to computer running so slowly.   McAfee is no longer virus protection...  McAfee has BECOME a virus . . .

Message was edited by: ws65711 on 3/21/12 10:49:42 AM CDT
Peacekeeper
Message 134 of 365

I assume you mean mcsvhost not svhost a windows file? The formaer issue seems I hear to have been investigated and they think they have a fix. They are testing it and will release it when they are sure it works . I will recheck the state of the fix and get back to you

ws65711
Former Member
Message 135 of 365

This is the error message I get.   This one just popped up a few minutes ago.

Message was edited by: ws65711 on 3/22/12 10:31:01 AM CDT
ws65711
Former Member
Message 136 of 365

Just happened again...  second time today.McAfeeError2.jpg

Peacekeeper
Message 137 of 365

As I said Mcafee thinks they have the cause nailed down More info next moderator meeting

maneld
Former Member
Message 138 of 365

Hi Tony,

I really hope so, yesterday and this morning (my local time) has been frustrating...continously MCSVHOST going away "to take a walk"-

When good news from the next meeting?

regards

nickg
Contributor
Message 139 of 365

I have been experiencing this exact problem. I have Mcafee Total protection (says internet security when i view the control panel;)

IE8

xp sp3

when the box pops up that says that the service host has experienced a problem, it locks my computer up for a few minutes and then it clears up, but i note that alot of times, the ability to click on stuff (like on ebay especially) is gone or unresponsive.. I can scroll using the mouse and curser on the side bars, and even close or switch windows, but the page that it was on when the host crashed is pretty much locked....I cannot select anything on it it seems(but i can scroll )

Peacekeeper
Message 140 of 365

The fix will not come soon we are pushing for it to come ASAP and might need some users to test it. Will update you as to what I can tell you re this after tomorrows call.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community