cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pacoamh
Contributor
Message 41 of 365

Re: McAfee Service Host Problem

I have the same problem. It happens in 3 different computers with different licenses.
I have no firewall installed so I can not disable the NetGuard.
I ran the MVT and I have no fault.
I reinstalled with MCPR and the problem remains.
The problem started 4 days ago, the computers are in different places, I have others where there are no errors and software installed is the same.

hannahb
Former Member
Message 42 of 365

Tech staff:

I just had the window pop up with the error message and I was reading an email correspondence this time

I obtained the information from the error message:

Error signature

szAppName: McSvHost.exe

szAppVer: 2.0.230.0

szModName: unknown

szModVer: 0.0.0.0

offset: 05aee091

Error Report Contents

C:\DOCUME~1\LINDAY~LOCALS~1\TEMP\WERfffc.dir00\McSvcHost.exe.mdmp

C:\DOCUME~1\LINDAY~LOCALS~1\TEMP\WERfffc.dir00\appcompat.txt

hannahb
Former Member
Message 43 of 365

Hello Tech staff; is anyone reading these or is everyone away for the holidays now?

Here is more information for you about the Service host problem that popped up again this evening only this time, I was on a different website.

Website I was on was  Words with friends and the information on the error signature is as follows:

szAppName: McSvHost.exe

szAppVer:2.0230.0

szModName: shlwapi.dll

szModifier 6.02900.5912

offset: 00007095

What more can we who are having this problem give you to get it fixed?  This is so annoying and I do not have this problem on another computer I own that is running a totally different virus protection product.  It is only occuring on McAfee's product.

Thank you,

Linda

rugbychick
Contributor
Message 44 of 365

Is this some kind of joke McAfee? People have been complaining about this problem since November and it is now the following year and NOTHING has been done.

I have windows XP. It is irrelevant which browswer anyone is using as is obvious from all the posts. The problem is not other software, the problem is McAfee. I have disabled the netguard - the error message stopped  for a day or 2 then started again. The last 2 days it pops up every few SECONDS! The message pops up before I have even opened any browser or programme after booting up.

I have been experirncing this stupid error message for 2 weeks now. It is driving me to despair. I have run the MVT a 100 times which says nothing is wrong, I have debugged, I have sent error reports. NOTHING has changed. This is completely unacceptable. Is my only resort to get rid of McAfee completely and use a different product that has no such disabling issues?!

People - the only solution I have found so far to stop the repitition is to send the error message but don't close the error reporting window once it is complete.

Peacekeeper
Message 45 of 365

There are 2 causes to this issue 1 is still unknown. The other is netguard or rather its reaction with site advisor. Try uninstalling site advisor and installing the beta version

https://sadownload.mcafee.com/products/SA/beta/saSetup.exe

We are discussing this issue tomorrow in our call.

cattleprod
Former Member
Message 46 of 365

It's been 8 weeks and I still don't know what this problem even MEANS. What does service host do and what effect does it shutting down have? I'm getting sick of having to restart my computer.

Peacekeeper
Message 47 of 365

Ok I cannot remember what you have thread. this issue is caused by

1.netguard a setting of firewall disable it as a work around or

2. Siteadvisor and netguard clash so uninstall Sa and install the beta SA

https://sadownload.mcafee.com/products/SA/beta/saSetup.exe

3. An issue we have no idea about this error is not fixed by any of the above workarounds.

Where do you fall have you tried the two workarounds?

Have you given logs to support ie have you contacted them and they remoted to your PC to gather data?

Sorry cannot remember every post here.

pacoamh
Contributor
Message 48 of 365

I also continued with the same problem on 3 different PCs.
After talking with McAfee tell me that the only solution is to reformat. This is unacceptable because it is easier to remove McAfee and install another antivirus.

Peacekeeper
Message 49 of 365

As I said I am discussing this and other issues with McAfee tomorrow so will see what they say.

Did you try the new Siteadvisor?

Also and support should have asked have you reinstalled Mcafee as w ell to confirm not a corrupt install? I know others have done so to no advail but not all issues same cause so had to ask.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 9/01/12 6:45:17 PM
afcafm
Former Member
Message 50 of 365

Hi

I've been experiencing this error message for around a month. My subscription was due to expire at the end of December and I thought that waiting and installing the new software would solve the problem (having removed the old software first). But, I'm still having the same issue, a couple of times per session.

I've only just found this forum after searching google with the faulf message. I can't believe that McAfee are taking so long to cure the issue - I see that people have reported it on this forum for what I consider to be a very long period (and I've sent error reports on each occurrance via microsoft which I'm sure hundreds of thousands of other subscribers must be doing daily).

Why aren't McAfee prioritising this?

Is my PC at any risk?

I'm using :-

Total Protection

XP

IE8

I don't have Site Adviser

I'm hoping you'll get this resolved soon!

Peter

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community