cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
answer7
Former Member
Message 11 of 365

Re: McAfee Service Host Problem

I am also experiencing this problem with the 'McAfee Service Host' pop-up.

This is quite annoying and completely unacceptable.

This started happening directly after an update in early November but I cannot remember the exact date.

I am using Windows XP home, SP3 and using Chrome.

Seeing that I just re-uped my subscription to this product in September, I do not want to be stuck with this issue on a daily basis for another 9 months.

I expect a resolution.

Peacekeeper
Message 12 of 365

Yes as you can see by ybruf's link Mcafee is having an issue with mcsvhost errors. It is not extensive none of my family;s 9 installs show it so something in common must be causing it.

The techs are trying to get logs from poststers who are having this issue so expect some more info when they know more.

that said

1. do you have a HP PC with zumo backup software installed (HP Cloud)

2. Try disabling netguard a setting in the firewall settings does that help? This just some things to narrow down the issue cause.

leroypa
Contributor
Message 13 of 365

I  am having the same problem.  Running Windows XP SP3, Firefox and Google Chrome, McAfee Total Protection.  Both browsers and up to date.  Run Virtual Technician and seems to have no impact.  Will at times lockup internet access other times not. Very strange!!  Please advise...  Also, have Carbonite running. 

Thanks,

-PL

Message was edited by: leroypa on 12/10/11 12:57:02 AM CST
Peacekeeper
Message 14 of 365

that said

1. do you have a HP PC with zumo backup software installed (HP Cloud)

2. Try disabling netguard a setting in the firewall settings does that help? This just some things to narrow down the issue cause.

Above applicable?

gatemi
Former Member
Message 15 of 365

I am receiving the exact same error message at least once per day, and I can assure the McAfee moderators and techs that the issue is NOT related to hardware: I have McAfee licenses for five different computers (all running Windows XP with the latest service packs)—one HP laptop with an AMD dual processor, one Macbook (yes, running Windows XP) with an Intel duo-core processor, one iMac (again, running Windows XP) with an Intel duo-core processor, one Gateway laptop with an AMD processor, and one Compaq laptop with an Intel duo-core processor—and the message pops up on ALL of them. I use Firefox 8.x on all of the computers (never IE), and other than Firefox, no two computers have the exact same software installed (but no cloud software installed, no zuma back-up, no netguard, or any of that stuff). In addition, I've seen postings about this error all over your McAfee forums and elsewhere on the internet, and it seems the error is popping up on a wide variety of makes and models of computers, and the only common denominators seem to be Windows XP and McAfee.

newjack
Former Member
Message 16 of 365

I have had this error on windows 7.3 times in 2 weeks since reinstalling Mcafee not xp.

mcsvhost.JPG

gatemi
Former Member
Message 17 of 365

Thanks for the info, newjack. So now it looks like the only common denominator is...McAfee! So the folks at McAfee need to accept this fact, get their stuff together, and get the problem fixed on THEIR end! Please!

Peacekeeper
Message 18 of 365

They are trying. will get an update at our meeting (call) Monday)

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 11/12/11 1:02:31 PM
answer7
Former Member
Message 19 of 365

Well, like I said earlier, This started happening to me imediately after one of those endless almost daily disruptive updates of my Mcafee anti virus plus in November.

Is there a common timeline of when this started happening with you other folks?

newjack
Former Member
Message 20 of 365

My first one prior to the other 2 happened on 11/29/11 But I also had uninstalled Mcafee for over a month befor that date for various reasons.

Message was edited by: newjack on 12/11/11 9:29:32 AM EST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community