cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petahslight
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

McAfee Security Download Blocks Internet Access

Last night I installed McAfee Security that I purchased thru Avangate and of course used the key obtained and downloaded directly from the McAfee web site. The download went fine and I continued to use my pc for awhile with no problem.  The following morning I booted up and I was unable to access the internet.  I plugged in my laptop that I use AVG free on and was able to access the net. I contacted McAfee and after working and following the directions with 2 Techs I was told the problem is with my provider which is Verizon. Even though I have no problem with the laptop in getting online????  It appears to me that the McAfee Security download is the culprit in my inability to access the net and McAfee is passing the buck here.  I've googled this particular problem with McAfee and find lots of other instances of this kind.  Has anyone had to sue McAfee inorder to have there computer fixed or replaced. Or does someone out there besides the techs I spoke with know of a fix???  Thank You!

'

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: McAfee Security Download Blocks Internet Access

For a first post don't you think talk of lawsuits is rather strong?  In any case it breaks the forum terms of service so please keep that talk out of here if you really want any help.

If you dealt with Technical Support already your best approach would be to continue with them and ask for escalation, simply quote the case ID# and they are free to phone or use the online chat.  See Useful Links at the top of this page.

In my experience lost Internet contact is usually because either a) more than one network is listed in Network Center and it's confusing the issue or b) You didn't totally remove whatever security software was there previously

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/07/14 1:36:36 EDT PM
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Just wanted to confirm if you ever had any previous security software on your pc and if so you used the respective vendors removal tool to eradicate any remnants of that software.

We just want to make sure we have all the facts correct so the forum tech can research these issues.

petahslight
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I had McAfee Security on my computer, this would have been the 3rd year.  I had no other security on this computer it is 2 yrs old, it came with McAfee and I have continued with McAfee.  The system is Windows 7

Message was edited by: petahslight on 7/16/14 7:36:48 PM CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

I think your best bet would be to ask Technical Support for help again, as I suggested earlier on.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community