cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kharms64
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

McAfee Management Service Host is hogging my CPU after latest Windows Update - Please, I need help! :)

I updated to the latest Windows 10 / 1079 and now McAfee is hogging my CPU, upwards of 98%...

Have uninstalled & re-installed McAfee, tried to check my settings, but I have no clue how to fix this!  Can't find any contact info for McAfee....so, please, anyone?

8 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 9

Re: McAfee Management Service Host is hogging my CPU after latest Windows Update - Please, I need help! :)

Mcafee looking into this follow the thread above. There are 4 others there.

user_143455
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Re: McAfee Management Service Host is hogging my CPU after latest Windows Update - Please, I need help! :)

Hello,

I joined this conversation because I noticed that my McAfee Management Service host was taking most of the CPU time (75% of 80%) on my PC, and found out on this site (through Google) that it had started at the same time as others here. I did not have much time to look into it, then. Finally, I found time and begun by restarting the PC. Well, miracle... the problem just vanished. I will check if it comes back.

André

sirex0
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

I have the same but the restart did not help.

edcpa
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

I've been having the same problem. I can barely use my computer. I just noticed it a few days ago, and only got around to checking the Task Manager today.

I've tried "end task" there, but it doesn't respond.

I have a call in to my IT person, but right before Christmas? Yeah, right.

I'll keep checking here if anyone has some success in solving this.

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 9

Watch this thread it only 1 I will be updating

If anyone wants to assist and gather logs for Mcafee post the offer there please

dgj
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Re: McAfee Management Service Host is hogging my CPU after latest Windows Update - Please, I need he

Same problem. No idea how to fix it

lotty
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Re: McAfee Management Service Host is hogging my CPU after latest Windows Update - Please, I need he

I am seeing similar behavior. Progressively worse over past month.

The presentation for me was lag and latency in my microsoft wireless keyboard.

I tried all sorts of troubleshooting related to the wireless keyboard and mouse but nothing worked .. except uninstalling McAfee entirely and reverting to the native Microsoft virus and threat protection.

For me this is strong sign McAfee has an "issue". 

I have lived thru prior types of issues including memory leaks .. so has similar feel and trajectory.

LMFChicago
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Same issue here. MMSHost is taking about 95% of CPU. No other process is even close. Opening or closing apps is painfully slow. Mouse and keyboard stop responding and beep showing that they can't catch up with the input.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community