cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
perrchrist
Contributor
Message 21 of 27

Re: McAfee LiveSafe - missing virus alerts

Thanks Cliff - would appreciate if you would.

Have a nice weekend/Per

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 22 of 27

OK...I have added your concerns to the weekly Agenda. Having said that, have you tried opening your McAfee UI ? Then click on (Help) and click on (Help) again. It should then take you to a 'Step by Step' tutorial on your features in regards to how they work.

For instance:  McAfee Help

Of course this is dependent upon if you have the capability to do so, which you should.

All the Best,

Cliff\CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
perrchrist
Contributor
Message 23 of 27

I know the help step by step turtorial. About alarm types It says: (the messages in the turtorial are a mix of English and Danish)

English: "Protection alerts provide immediate notification of critical and non-critical security events, such as possible virus infections or hacker intrusions, as soon as they occur on your device"

Danish translated by me: "You can distinguish between a critial and a non critical event by the colour of the alarm - Red is critical, grey non critical  und so weiter......................................."

Again, the problem is, that LiveSafe does not produce any  immediate alerts in case of possible virus infections. The infected file is silently quarantined without any notification to the user. It is a must, that the user is notified immediately enabling him to take proper precations.

I was surprised to learn, that LiveSafe had caught a couple of trojans, and moved them to quarantine - without any notification at all. I then tried to force LiveSafe to create notifications be means of Eicar test files. The files were quarantined without any notification.

Now I will uninstall my Danish version of LiveSafe, and replace it with an English one, and see what happens. And once again, what I'm looking for is the setteing where I can enable/disable "immediate notification of critical and non-critical security events, such as possible virus infections" as promised in the turtorial.

I'll keep you updated.

Best Regards,

Per

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 24 of 27

​,

Thank you for your correspondence   Hopefully after tomorrow's call we will have more insight in regards to this issue.

All the Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
perrchrist
Contributor
Message 25 of 27

Any news about this matter ?

By the way - I didn´t succeed in changing language from Danish to English. 

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 26 of 27

​,

I apologize for my delayed response, for I have been a Tad 'Under the Weather', if you will. The actual term for 'Informational Alerts' is called 'Smart Messaging' by the Software. As it shows different aspects of the other parts of your protection\Actions taken on your behalf. Updates installed\Connections to the Internet\etc.

Per the (Meeting)  ​  Could you add further to the discussion please?

Regards,

Cliff\CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
perrchrist
Contributor
Message 27 of 27

Hi Cliff - Hope you are well again.

I have not much further to add, I’m afraid. But again, I miss alerts from LiveSafe when I e.g. try do download an eicar - test file. The file is moved to quarantine, silently – without any messages at all. In the download folder, the file is just marked “Download Unsuccessful”. It’s left to the user to find out, what happened.  I have uninstalled LiveSafe from my main PC, and installed Avast Free. It offers all the alerts and warnings I could wish for. I still have LiveSafe on two other PCs. Now I’ll keep an eye on the development of LiveSafe until my license expires, and then decide what to do. 

Best Regards,

Per 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community