cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
perrchrist
Contributor
Message 1 of 27

McAfee LiveSafe - missing virus alerts

When McAfee LiveSafe catches a virus – I can see it has cuarantied a couple - I get no immediate alert with information, that it happened. And, as far as I can see, there is no setting available where I can enable such alerts !

Is that the best McAfee can perform in this respect ?

26 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 27

Re: McAfee LiveSafe - missing virus alerts

​,

You can go to Navigation >General Settings and Alerts >Informational Alerts and enable. You can also check your (Security History) to be informed.

I hope this helped

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
perrchrist
Contributor
Message 3 of 27

Thanks catdaddy, but i know this panel.

Regret it's in Danish. "Oplysningsalarmer" means  "informational alarms" 

"Vis oplysningsalarmer, når:" means "Show informational alarms when:"

"Et nyt flytbart mediedrev ...." means "A new moveable medie is registered on my computer"

That's it. No way to select virus alerts/notifications. I have tried all the available eicar - files. They are all moved to quarantine, but without any notification at all. 

Avast and AVG free versions both do the job, and F-Secure as well. What about McAfee LiveSafe ?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 27

I apologize for the Language barrier. It is my understanding that with the latest 'Next Generation Scanning Engine' in this (New) Version\Build, your McAfee Software automatically quarantines the items, so that you are completely protected by not allowing the File\program to open.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
perrchrist
Contributor
Message 5 of 27

Yes, but I want to be notified immediately, when LiveSafe quarantines items. It seems that McAfee doesn't offer this possibility.  By the way, my PC is running windows 10.   

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 27

I have LiveSafe on my Windows 7 machine and I get alerts as shown below.

(It would work exactly the same way in Windows 10).

At some stage in the past you must have clicked the "Don't show this alert again" perhaps?

It's probably best you contact Technical Support directly to see if they can help you get them reinstated.

Capture.JPG

perrchrist
Contributor
Message 7 of 27

I never deselected these alerts. I have LiveSafe on 3 computers, and they all behave in the same way. May I ask you to show me a copy of the "Navigation >General Settings and Alerts >Informational Alerts" on your PC ? Thank you in advance.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 27

Perhaps you don't have Flash installed?
However I'm not sure that has any bearing on it, Technical Support would know.

perrchrist
Contributor
Message 9 of 27

I have Flash installed. In your Informational Alerts - which item would you click to deselect/select the alert shown in your message above  ? 

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 27

I would click OK to dismiss it.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community