cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buster02
Contributor II
Message 41 of 48

Re: McAfee Internet Security add-on causes Outlook 2010 to crash on right click (started Aug 2018)

@DreamsComeTrue wrote:

I did finally hear something back from McAfee via PM very early this morning.  Apparently this is NOT U.S. based support since anything they send is always in the middle of the night.  Here it is in it's entirety.

"Hi,

Please wait for 16.0.15 to get updated for McAfee installed on your computer.

Regards
Siva"

I don't know about the rest of the posters here, but that didn't tell me squat.  WTF do they think we've been doing for months now!?!?!?  We want a resolution, and not some lame-assed response!  Maybe they think that kind of response will pacify someone.  I'm not "someone"!! 

McAfee, perform the dutiful! 

Great timeline:

Month 1 - introduce bug to an important add-in on widespread platform (why not tested properly before release?)

Month 2 (week 1) - tease with a screenshot of the release containing the fix on a 'Moderator's' computer and indicate that it will be rolled out to all "soon". Moderator then goes quiet.

Month 3 - "you might get it early next month" (ie Month 4) because you didn't purchase directly from the McAfee online store. ..... 

[to be continued]

DreamsComeTrue
Contributor III
Message 42 of 48

Re: McAfee Internet Security add-on causes Outlook 2010 to crash on right click (started Aug 2018)

Well, it's the 1st of Nov., and nothing has changed other than the fact that my McAfee won't let me change any settings or even see what version I'm using.  A reboot didn't help that in the least.  I had to do another total reinstall.  It's still the same old sad version 16.0 R14 that doesn't contain the updated outlook add-in.  McAfee support has decided to totally ignore any of my messages sent to them.  It's definitely time to find a company who cares about their customers and that actually works.  This company/product is definitely NOT the one!!!  And their software even says "We're here for you".  Really?  Since when?

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 43 of 48

Hi All,

Please try the below steps and see if you are able to get version 16.0.16 (Yes, this is the most recent version of McAfee Security for Windows)

1. Remove McAfee from Control Panel and reboot

2. Run the removal tool MCPR and reboot

3. Download and install from Online account (https://home.mcafee.com)

DreamsComeTrue
Contributor III
Message 44 of 48

Since I've already successfully (?) uninstalled and installed it 3 times without any success, I'll let someone else give this one a try.

buster02
Contributor II
Message 45 of 48

@DreamsComeTrue wrote:

Since I've already successfully (?) uninstalled and installed it 3 times without any success, I'll let someone else give this one a try.

It worked for me but only when I changed product!

DreamsComeTrue
Contributor III
Message 46 of 48

@buster02 wrote:

@DreamsComeTrue wrote:

It worked for me but only when I changed product!

Thanks for the update!  I'm not for sure that actually counts since most of us here have already paid for the product we have installed, and don't really want to purchase yet another McAfee product.  Most of us would probably buy something from another company based on the product and support we've received from McAfee.

DreamsComeTrue
Contributor III
Message 47 of 48

Apparently Christmas came early this year.  We finally got the update containing the new Outlook 2010 Add-in the day before Thanksgiving, and it doesn't even blow up when used in Outlook.  Of course, we haven't actually seen it mark anything as spam or a virus yet, so we're not 100% sure that it really works.

Wifey's PC has slowed down to a crawl though, and barely works now.  Not for sure that it's related to this update, but there hasn't been any other updates to her PC prior to it going belly up.

OK, so the update was only 3 months late in getting here after we were told it was released.  That sure doesn't increases my confidence in McAfee or their software.

DreamsComeTrue
Contributor III
Message 48 of 48

As a correction to a previous post of mine... I thought the McAfee software I had on 2 PCs was purchased from Dell... I was wrong.  It was purchased from McAfee's website in 2016.  Based on that information, it appears they aren't discriminating on which customers they screw over with lagging software updates.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community