cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buster02
Contributor II
Message 31 of 48

Re: McAfee Internet Security add-on causes Outlook 2010 to crash on right click (started Aug 2018)

Hi @selvan and @sivasubramanian .... why are the moderators now so quiet? Can you not link with McAfee and either get the roll-out of R15 speeded up or tell us what the delay is. Please!

The wait for the fix is now ridiculous for paying customers .... McAfee isn't 'freeware' so I expect better. (Ideally not to release bugs in the first place).

sivasubramanian
Message 32 of 48

Re: McAfee Internet Security add-on causes Outlook 2010 to crash on right click (started Aug 2018)

@DreamsComeTrue

We have sent you PM, please reply to the same. 

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
buster02
Contributor II
Message 33 of 48

Is there an answer which can be shared?....... Still no sign of R15 on my 3 PCs
DreamsComeTrue
Contributor III
Message 34 of 48

@sivasubramanian wrote:

@DreamsComeTrue

We have sent you PM, please reply to the same. 

Regards
Siva

I replied early yesterday afternoon, but haven't heard anything back from you or anyone else that was originally cc'd on your message.

buster02
Contributor II
Message 35 of 48

Hi @DreamsComeTrue

Did you get any joy from your PM?

I am tired of waiting so I've been in direct contact with McAfee who - amazingly - told me that the R15 fix was being rolled out to users who had bought McAfee via their website first. I bought one of their scratch cards from a local store for my subscription and apparently such subscribers are at the back of the queue. There was no indication that I was buying a second class service when I subscribed. I'm quite amazed.

Apparently I might get the update in early November. Staggering.

DreamsComeTrue
Contributor III
Message 36 of 48

@buster02 wrote:

Hi @DreamsComeTrue

I am tired of waiting so I've been in direct contact with McAfee who - amazingly - told me that the R15 fix was being rolled out to users who had bought McAfee via their website first. I bought one of their scratch cards from a local store for my subscription and apparently such subscribers are at the back of the queue. There was no indication that I was buying a second class service when I subscribed. I'm quite amazed.

Hi,

No joy here yet.  The want to do something, but have failed to tell me what it is.  I'm not about to let them take control of my PC though, but am more than happy to get them whatever information they want.

I'm not for sure, but I think I bought a 5 year subscription through Dell when I purchased a new machine awhile ago.  Since it's a McAfee product, and they get money for it, there's NO reason whatsoever that we should be treated as 2nd class customers.  We paid for their product, so we should be entitled to the same treatment as anyone who's purchased the product directly from their website!!

buster02
Contributor II
Message 37 of 48

@DreamsComeTrue wrote:

@buster02 wrote:

Hi @DreamsComeTrue

Hi,

No joy here yet.  The want to do something, but have failed to tell me what it is.  I'm not about to let them take control of my PC though, but am more than happy to get them whatever information they want.

I'm not for sure, but I think I bought a 5 year subscription through Dell when I purchased a new machine awhile ago.  Since it's a McAfee product, and they get money for it, there's NO reason whatsoever that we should be treated as 2nd class customers.  We paid for their product, so we should be entitled to the same treatment as anyone who's purchased the product directly from their website!!

.... no, they won't be taking over control of mine either. The two-tier service model is a scandal

DreamsComeTrue
Contributor III
Message 38 of 48

@buster02 wrote:

@DreamsComeTrue wrote:

@buster02 wrote:

Hi @DreamsComeTrue

Hi,

.... no, they won't be taking over control of mine either. The two-tier service model is a scandal

I replied on Sat. morning, but haven't heard anything back from them.  Most definitely feeling like a second-class citizen even though I paid for my subscription the same as everyone else did.  No matter where or how you purchased the product, all update come from McAfee.  All support (or lack thereof) comes from McAfee.  Apparently they don't value their customers as much as other providers of antivirus services.  We started using these guys when they were giving their product away for free it that says anything.  Maybe it's time to fine someone who values ALL of their customers!!

DreamsComeTrue
Contributor III
Message 39 of 48

@DreamsComeTrue wrote:

@buster02 wrote:

@DreamsComeTrue wrote:

@buster02 wrote:

Hi @DreamsComeTrue

Hi,

I replied on Sat. morning, but haven't heard anything back from them.  Most definitely feeling like a second-class citizen even though I paid for my subscription the same as everyone else did.  No matter where or how you purchased the product, all update come from McAfee.  All support (or lack thereof) comes from McAfee.  Apparently they don't value their customers as much as other providers of antivirus services.  We started using these guys when they were giving their product away for free it that says anything.  Maybe it's time to fine someone who values ALL of their customers!!

5 days now, and not a word from @sivasubramanian or anyone else that was cc'd on the message, nor anything from anyone else at McAfee.  A previous poster said that perhaps early November us 2nd and 3rd class customers may see the update.  How many months has it been already?  And they want us to believe that this product will protect us from viruses!?!?!  I paid the money for their product, and I want what I paid for!!!

DreamsComeTrue
Contributor III
Message 40 of 48

I did finally hear something back from McAfee via PM very early this morning.  Apparently this is NOT U.S. based support since anything they send is always in the middle of the night.  Here it is in it's entirety.

"Hi,

Please wait for 16.0.15 to get updated for McAfee installed on your computer.

Regards
Siva"

I don't know about the rest of the posters here, but that didn't tell me squat.  WTF do they think we've been doing for months now!?!?!?  We want a resolution, and not some lame-assed response!  Maybe they think that kind of response will pacify someone.  I'm not "someone"!! 

McAfee, perform the dutiful! 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community