cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbinkley60
Contributor
Message 21 of 48

Re: McAfee Internet Security add-on causes Outlook 2010 to crash on right click (started Aug 2018)

I am in the US and got 16.0.R15 on September 25th.  I can verify the Outlook 2010 right click issue is resolved.

DreamsComeTrue
Contributor III
Message 22 of 48

Re: McAfee Internet Security add-on causes Outlook 2010 to crash on right click (started Aug 2018)

We're in IL, and after repeated attempts of manually checking for updates, we're still stuck on 16.0 R14.  Of course, pehaps being in Hellinois is the problem.  LOL!!

sivasubramanian
Message 23 of 48

@DreamsComeTrue

Please do the reinstallation of McAfee and check if it resolved the issue.

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
DreamsComeTrue
Contributor III
Message 24 of 48

Based on what I see in this thread, this PC is not an isolated incident of the upgrade not happening.  My wife's PC is having the same issue as well.  How many thousands of your customers are having this same problem?  After all, updates are supposed to be automatic, are they not?

DreamsComeTrue
Contributor III
Message 25 of 48

Well, that didn't work so good. Uninstalled it, but kept the settings files, rebooted, installed the newly downloaded software, rebooted, and it's still at version 16.0 R14.
DreamsComeTrue
Contributor III
Message 26 of 48

I forgot to mention in the last post that I checked for updates before and after the installation reboot.

OK, so.... here we are again... I uninstalled the most recently installed version of McAfee, deleted ALL files, rebooted, installed the downloaded software, checked for updates (none found), rebooted, checked for updates (none found), and it's still at version 16.0 R14. Of course, the Outlook problem still exist since the McAfee add-in is still bad.

I don't know where this phantom version of software is hiding, but McAfee sure isn't giving/showing it to me.
buster02
Contributor II
Message 27 of 48

@DreamsComeTrue ..... I was going to try uninstall/re-install myself. I won't bother now that you've tried that and it still didn't get you to R15.

This is really annoying. There must be so many PCs out there running Outlook on Windows 7 - it's amazing that the bug was not caught in testing before release. And then the incredibly slow roll out of the fix is bizarre - it's been 6 weeks now since @selvan showed us a screenshot of it installed on a PC. 

I have been accidentally crashing my Outlook since early August - the right-click habit is a difficult one to break!.

McAfee please speed up the roll-out. Apple makes their new OS available to everyone on the same day - why are your processes so different?

buster02
Contributor II
Message 28 of 48

@sivasubramanian I see your suggestion didn't work for @DreamsComeTrue 

... In my previous post I forgot to mention that I have three PCs here still awaiting R15. Please can you pull some strings to get the roll out speeded up. I have paid my subscription so it is really frustrating

DreamsComeTrue
Contributor III
Message 29 of 48

It's REALLY frustrating that there's not an available fix, and McAfee keeps blowing everyone off. We've all paid good money for a product that's not living up to our expectations.

Instead of blowing up Outlook all of the time, I've done like many have, and when Outlook asks to disable, that's exactly what I've done. So has my wife. There's no reason to have a product trash out another product just because there's a major bug that they've introduced into the software. How ridiculous!!! Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that they care, or have made available for download, a fix to this problem. It was kind of lame that @sivasubramanian would even suggest to download and install a downloaded version of the software that apparently wasn't tested by anyone at McAfee for this issues, or they would have known that it doesn't work.

jbinkley60
Contributor
Message 30 of 48

You can disable the addon in Outlook to avoid the crashing but at the expense of reduced security.  I did this to avboid retraining myself not to use the right click function 🙂

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community