cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Max_Idjit
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

McAfee Identity Protection Service (IDPS) - Adding non-text capable phone number to monitored info

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm trying to add my home phone number, which is not capable of receiving texts, to the monitored info list in McAfee Identity Protection Service (IDPS). The web page wants to text a code to this number to make sure it’s me. The next screen in the process requests that I enter the 6-digit verification code that was texted. This worked fine with my mobile number but is not possible with my landline home phone. There does not appear to be another option for completing this task. The previous product, McAfee Identity Theft Protection, allowed for this info to be monitored. Is there another way to add this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee Identity Protection Service (IDPS) - Adding non-text capable phone number to monitored in

Jump to solution

Hi @Max_Idjit 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

As of now in the new McAfee Identity Protection Service (IDPS) service there is only option to add phone numbers if the device has the capability to receive text messages. Unfortunately, adding a non-text capable phone number to monitored info is currently not available.

Thanks for contacting McAfee support.

Regards,
Karthikeyan J

View solution in original post

1 Reply
karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee Identity Protection Service (IDPS) - Adding non-text capable phone number to monitored in

Jump to solution

Hi @Max_Idjit 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

As of now in the new McAfee Identity Protection Service (IDPS) service there is only option to add phone numbers if the device has the capability to receive text messages. Unfortunately, adding a non-text capable phone number to monitored info is currently not available.

Thanks for contacting McAfee support.

Regards,
Karthikeyan J

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community