cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drakes_drum
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

McAfee Host stopped working and was closed

I posted a question on this topic two days ago.  So far no-one from McAfee has had the courtesy to respond to it.  I find this deeply insulting and I am considering cancelling my subscription.  Could I ask of McAfee, if it is not too much trouble, exactly what this annoying message that keeps cropping up on my computer means, what action I can take to stop it recurring and what action McAfee are taking to stop it appearing on the thousands of computers (to judge by the complaints) of other subscribers. 

3 Replies
Majestic
Contributor II
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Host stopped working and was closed

https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1001

The community is first and foremost a peer-based community and not a direct support channel. If you have a technical issue with a McAfee product, please open a Service Request or contact McAfee Support. They will be happy to help!

on 22/01/12 17:42:40 CST
drakes_drum
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

My apologies to all you good people for my misunderstanding the nature of this site.  But I'd still like to know if I need to worry about these messages, or if I just have to live with them until someone finds a fix.

Thanks.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Hi drakes,

Please be informed that these error messages are in no way concerned with your computers security .  Moreover, this has been already reported to the engineering team who are looking for logs from the affected PC . Please  check your email where I have sent you one to schedule a call back for diagnosing the issue . If you are interested in a callback please respond at the earliest .

Regards,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community