cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guy286
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

McAfee Cloud AV High CPU Usage

McAfee Cloud AV is giving me really High CPU usage any help?

4 Replies
guy286
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Re: McAfee Cloud AV High CPU Usage

Bump Anyone?

roargi
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

guy286 is correct.  The McAfee Cloud AV consumes an average of about 40% CPU on my computer.  It slows down everything and sometimes causes my machine to lock up when the total CPU usage reaches 100%.  My machine has an Intel I5, 4 core processor which used to be good enough for all my processing needs.  Now with the last update of McAfee with the Cloud AV, my CPU pings 100% usage often to the point it has become very annoying.  I would like McAfee to come up with a version of their software that does not make use of the "cloud."

Thanks,

Annoyed Guy

vchimpanzee
Contributor II
Message 4 of 5

I don't know about CPU usage but when I went to a site for help with the computer being slow I was told to see what was using a lot of memory by going to the task manager. Other than Microsoft Edge and not counting the task manger since it wouldn't normally be on, Cloud AV was the biggest user of memory..  

Docbard
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Re: McAfee Cloud AV High CPU & Memory Usage

I have been a loyal McAfee customer for many years. My business desktop runs Win11 (x64) with an i9-9900K processor, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz memory, and an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GD GBU. I am frequently running out of memory and locking up. A simple re-boot solves the problem until the next time. Task Manager shows my PC using excessive CPU and/or Memory under McAfee Cloud AV. Do you have a recommended fix  for this problem?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community