cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akita
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

McAfee Antivirus Plus will not install/work properly on my PC anymore, (new, formatted drive).

Jump to solution

Hi. Let's get right to the point.

I can not do a custom install, I can not select what parts of the program I want installed. If I manage to install anything, (the installation stops every other time), I can not access the settings panel in McAfee. Sometimes it starts, after approx. 10 minutes. On the odd chance that I get access to the panel, any changes made to the program, such as blocking programs in the firewall, stopping/changing scheduled scans etc. are not registered by it. It's almost like it is write protected. I can not uninstall it. The only McAfee product showing in Add/Remove programs is the Web Advisor.

In short, it's just not working as expected/it used to. I have no or limited access to settings. The changes made to it will not be registered by the program. It's impossible to uninstall McAfee and try again. In order to try something else, I have to reformat my drive from scratch.

My config is Windows 7 Ultimate, (Swedish), 100% updated with all the fixes from Microsoft. Asus Z97-A, 32GB Corsair RAM, Samsung NVMe 960 Evo M.2 SSD @ 250GB, GF 960 x2 (SLI). I have tried installing everything on another SSD, disregarding the M.2 drive, a Samsung 850 Pro @ 256GB, but the problems are the same. All my drivers/bios etc. have been updated.

I'm using the latest version of McAfee from my account. I have never had any problems like this earlier and I've used McAfee for a lot of years now. Grateful for any insight, help and advice I can get.

Kind regards, Stefan.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: McAfee Antivirus Plus will not install/work properly on my PC anymore, (new, formatted drive).

Jump to solution

Did you follow up with the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool (MCPR) after removing from your Control Panel/Programs and Features? Please read ;  How to remove McAfee products from a PC running Windows (TS101331)

Next Follow these Guidelines ;

How to download and install McAfee consumer products (TS100342)

Hope this helps....

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

View solution in original post

6 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: McAfee Antivirus Plus will not install/work properly on my PC anymore, (new, formatted drive).

Jump to solution

Did you follow up with the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool (MCPR) after removing from your Control Panel/Programs and Features? Please read ;  How to remove McAfee products from a PC running Windows (TS101331)

Next Follow these Guidelines ;

How to download and install McAfee consumer products (TS100342)

Hope this helps....

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
vasantagsar
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Dear Sir,

I purchased from AMEZON ON LINE SHOPPING your TOTAL Protection ANTIVIRUS in form of CD during the month of July 2017 which was valid for THREE YEARS . When I started down loading the TOTAL Protection ANTIVIRUS it was NOT getting installed and was consuming hours together for Installation. Ultimately, it did not get installed and now my PC is without any antivirus , so, I decided to pay on line and get one Year subscription at least to overcome the situation.

I paid on line sum of Rs 1040/- through debit card. ( Scanned copy is enclosed herewith for your ready reference). I am sorry to inform you that I sis not got any feed back from your office.

In view of this, I am in dilemma .

Could you please advise me how to proceed further in matter

Await your quick response.

With Kind Regards

Vasant Agsar

Chartered Engineer & Approved Valuer

Personal Phone number/Address/Personal Email Address

removed for your safety. (Per Terms of use)

By Moderator

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Contact

Support

for your country they will assist you

akita
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello again and thank you catdaddy for your response. I have not tried the MCPR since I didn't dare to install McAfee until I had a possible solution to the problem.

Based on your suggestion I have now tried the TS100342 solution to begin with. The program checked my PC and said it was ok to install. I installed the latest version of McAfee Antivirus Plus after rebooting the computer and it's working.

McAfee now appears in the Add/Remove Program list and the control panel accepts changes made by me. I can not choose what parts I want installed but the WebAdvisor could be uninstalled from the Add/Remove Program list. Perhaps this is a version issue.

The computer is now, after many, many... many... attempts, working as it's supposed to. I thank you again for your suggestions and the answer to the problem.

Best regards, Stefan.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi Stefan,

I am glad to hear that you got your issue resolved. If you still need to install your

McAfee WebAdvisor  

Simply click on the inserted link and do so.

All the very Best,

Cliff

McAfee Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

I am locking this discussion as it has been marked 'Correctly Answered by you.

Should you need further assistance in the future,please do not hesitate to contact us.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community